TEKsystems is supporting a local client in Richmond, VA that is in need of a PC Support Specialist to help out with their Windows 10 deployment. This person will need to have great Desktop Support skills and have experience doing Windows 10 deployments.
1. Windows 7 and Windows 10: Client has a Windows environment and they will need someone who can easily navigate these two operating systems. A qualified candidates should know the following:
a. Are you familiar with the MS Registry? What types of Registry edits have you done?
b. What is your familiarity with working with the "control panel"?
c. What types of drivers have you installed?
d. What types of software have you installed? What installation process did you follow?
2. MS Office: Client is currently running Office 365, but if someone has experience with MS Office 2010, or 2013, that will suffice.
a. How familiar are you with the MS Office Suite? What types of issues have you troubleshot?
b. How do you replicate a problem and what steps do you take to do research in order to solve the problem?
3. PC Support-Break/Fix and Deploy: The PC Support Specialist will be troubleshooting various issues with laptops, virtual desktops, tablets, mobile devices, and printers. They will also be imaging new machines and deploying them to new hires one week each month. A qualified candidate should be able to explain:
a. What types of laptops/desktops have you worked with?
b. In what capacity have you supported tablets and mobile devices?
c. What are some of the hardware and software issues you were encountering? What steps did you take to troubleshoot those issues?
d. What types of imaging software do you have experience with?
80%- Windows 10 Deployment
* Setting up machines
o Pushing out Lenovo T80s with Windows 10
o Decommissioning Lenovo T40s that are running Windows 7
o Installing software
* Data mining
o Track down missing machines
o Have we dealt with this issue before?
* Data verification
* Asset Management- entering serial number into ITAM (Information Technology Asset Management) system
* Confirm with End User
o Applications are correct
o No files are missing
10%- Incident Response: They will be pulling incident tickets out of Service Now that have been escalated by the Service Desk (Helpdesk). These tickets will be worked until the problem has been resolved. The ticket will be escalated if it cannot be resolved in a reasonable amount of time. Issues include, but not limited to:
* E-mail issues
* Problems with MS Office
* Virus/Malware removal
* Software related issues
* User can't access an application
* Users says, "I want the same thing that my co-worker has, but I don't know what it is called."
10%-Service Requests: The Desktop Support Specialist will be pulling service requests that come through Service Now. These request include:
* Software installation
* Keyboard and mouse replacement
$24 / hr