TEI, one of the Mid Atlantic region's growing contractors, has a challenging opportunity available for a talented and motivated Electrical BIM Coordinator. Under the general direction of TEI’s Preconstruction Manager, the BIM Coordinator will develop detailed dimensioned AutoCAD and BIM drawings. In addition, will operate 3D Scanner, utilize scans to prepare drawings and use drawings to assign points for total station layout.
Basic Qualifications and Skills
· Take direction from Preconstruction Manager to research drawings, catalogs, sketches, etc., to develop detailed dimensioned AutoCAD, and BIM drawings.
· Develop, modify and update electrical and IT schematics and wiring diagrams
· Read and interpret construction documents and shop drawings of all trades, i.e. Architectural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Structural.
· Provide Project Managers with an accurate accounting of time spent on projects
. Coordinates with other trades in weekly project related BIM Meetings
· Basic knowledge of Network communication schematics and wiring.
· Good working knowledge of electrical code
· Good working knowledge of the electrical construction industry
· Maintain current knowledge of design and drafting procedures
· Develop and maintain an accurate document filing system
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Ability to present in a professional manner and represent the company image
· Excellent written communication skills. Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
· Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must be committed to working in a team atmosphere.
· Ability to operate programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks ReCAP, Bluebeam, Trimble, Realworks and Field Points.
· Virtual Design and construction (VDC) through BIM modeling
· Read and understand architectural, mechanical, plumbing, structural and civil drawings and distribute necessary information to the MEP design team members
· Two years’ experience preferred as a drafter using CAD/BIM software
· Knowledge of Multi-Trade (MEP) installation such as plumbing, HVAC, Architectural, Fire Sprinkler that may affect electrical installation.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Possess a valid social security number
· U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
· Pass a criminal background check