Medical Lake, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job ID: DG265967518
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Provides professional nursing services including planning, assessing, diagnosing, implementing, and evaluating nursing care; provides direction to staff. Under general direction, provides patient care and coordination of services through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic care.
What you will be doing:
- Directs subordinate nursing personnel on a unit in a hospital or infirmary; serves as a charge nurse of a unit;
- Assigns staff to patients in the ward;
- Provides counseling and guidance, learning experiences and evaluates performance of staff;
- Under the direction of a physician, mid-level provider, or supervising nurse, prepares, carries out, evaluates and revises treatment plans for individual patients based on personal observations and on the observations and recommendations of physicians, mid-level provider, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and/or other nurses;
- Coordinates communication between the physician, mid-level provider, social workers, psychologists, and practical nurses concerning nursing care and policies;
- Assists the physician or mid-level provider with physical examinations, techniques and procedures;
- Under the direction of a physician or mid-level provider, treats minor ailments; performs first aid;
- Holds sick call and examines patients to determine their need for medical care;
- Records and administers or oversees the administration of medications such as tranquilizers, anti-seizure medications, immunizations, vitamins, blood transfusions, and antibiotics as directed by a physician or mid-level provider;
- Observes and records the physical and mental condition of patients noting physical and/or behavioral changes, the effects of drugs, and incidents;
- Takes and records blood pressure, pulse rate and body temperature of patients; evaluates physical and mental conditions of patients to determine whether they require the attention of a physician;
- Takes samples of blood, urine, sputum, feces, gastric contents, gynecological cultures for laboratory tests; instructs patients on giving sputum, urine, and other specimens;
- Cares for and counsels ill, injured or infirm patients; provides for the safety, comfort and protection of patients;
- Encourages healthy mental attitudes and new behavior patterns;
- In a facility for the developmentally disabled, plans the health services including health screening and examination, development of nursing and residential care plan related to patient health, administration of medicine and other types of therapy within scope of physicians' approval, for a unit;
- Trains residence care staff in handling of severe, multiple handicapped cases and handling occasions which would otherwise become medical emergencies;
- Assures that nursing care programs for each patient are carried out, and reviews and revises these as needed;
- Performs and documents for assigned patients: assessment and nursing diagnosis of patients; care planning; implementation of safe nursing care; evaluation of patient responses to nursing care; patient teaching; patient advocacy; admission, discharge and transfer processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned/required for the role
What you must have:
- A valid Washington State license to practice as a registered, professional nurse.
- Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing
- One year of professional nursing experience or equivalent education/experience.
- Knowledge of professional nursing principles and concepts; dynamics of interpersonal relationships; theory, science, and treatment techniques in a particular specialty area of practice such as mental health nursing, infection control, emergency response, etc.; available community resources.
- Ability to use nursing principles, judgment and knowledge; coordinate and provide professional nursing services; work effectively with others; assume responsibility for professional growth and development; work as a team member; communicate effectively with others.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company-related information.
AddressMedical Lake, WA
HealthcareView all jobs at TEEMA