San Leandro, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Job ID: HB841013422
Location: San Leandro, CA
Our client is seeking a seasoned supervisor to lead their day shift Production Operations! You are passionate about optimization and understand that the “people, process and technology” recipe always starts with people. The Production Supervisor plays a critical role in ensuring strong communication between their morning & night production teams. You ensure they meet our production demands so that our customers have all the products they want, when they want it! You are an expert in developing effective teams and your production chops are put to good use as you share your knowledge and grow the Team’s capabilities. Whether you are side by side with our Team on the Flavor Factory floor or facilitating Team meetings, you have a collaborative and uniting nature that is infectious—our team is very motivated to learn from you! You are an experienced leader who can successfully drive change by implementing key components of a Safe, Compliant, & Service Oriented Team. Your leadership will blend all areas of the production floor to implement critical strategies of the company’s long-range vision. Through Team Member coaching & development and cost-effective utilization of technology and planning, you will steer Operations to success!
What you will be doing:
- Ensure Safety First: Your vigilance around safety of people and products is contagious! You ensure we maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment with a focus on preventing safety incidents. When safety concerns arise, you take the appropriate measures to address them. Daily, weekly, and monthly safety trainings are in place, and team members are encouraged to raise safety concerns and implement sustainable solutions.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement: Things just keep on gettin’ better! The team is suggesting & implementing robust improvements to our operations. Everyone is working together with a shared purpose to exceed KPI targets and advance our performance. As the needs of the business change, you help ensure we have the appropriate metrics in place, and apply them to the daily work. Integrating training opportunities into daily activities, you support autonomous maintenance, team member development, and cross training initiatives; your team loves the ample opportunities they have to grow!
- Daily Operation Support: Proper shift transitions & strong lines of communication between the shifts are your corner stones to a successful operation! With diligence about collecting & sharing the right information, with the right people, at the right time, your team is always in the know. Updates on safety, quality, sanitation, KPIs, company communication, and more… your shift change meetings are a blockbuster no one wants to miss! Your visible floor presence allows you to spend time developing your team, and to keeping a pulse on the operation. Administrative work is done accurately and efficiently, including orchestrating the schedule of our team (and sometimes our flavors).
- People Management: Teamwork and team building are your passions! Not only do you walk the manufacturing lines routinely, but you also know each team member personally. Your close connection helps the team achieve their goals. Thoughtful development plans for the team are in place along with cross-functional training. You inspire exemplary behavior through coaching and feedback with a laser focus on building the contributions of the team.
- Ensure Collaboration: You are skilled at collaboration and building strong relationships across the organization and with external partners; this is shown through the successful coordination and launch of special projects, & major business changes. You seek out the input of others before making big decisions and value different points of view. As a trusted advisor, you are a “go-to” person for manufacturing after hours. You are THE team player who others seek out for input and enjoy having on their team.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passionate about producing quality product.
- Prior experience leading non-exempt team members
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant environment, preferably in a food/beverage environment
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge in sanitation practices within a food manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have worked with a large ERP (i.e. Oracle)
- Live in the SF bay area, or are you willing to relocate at your own expense
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Fluency with Spanish is desired, but not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to work different hours and on weekend as needs arise
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company-related information.
AddressSan Leandro, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at TEEMA