Title: Petroleum Geologist
Job ID: RT948793911
Our client in Denver needs a Petroleum Geologist with 1 to 3 years in the Petroleum space. Direct experience with one of the following: stratigraphy/sedimentology, structural geology, geochemistry, petrophysics, or geostatistics (masters or industry exposure is fine). An awareness of two of the following: geophysics, stratigraphy and/or sedimentology, structural geology, geochemistry, petrophysics, or geostatistics.
As Petroleum Geologist, you will spend 50% of your time in operations: QC final well plans, geosteering interpretation, 24/7 on call rig support (when drilling); 30% in planning: Creation and integration of geologic maps, petrophysics, logs, and 3D seismic for developing prospects. Plan horizontal wells to integrate optimal well placement, staggering, etc.; 20% Other value adding special projects as needed; geochem, shallow gas, completions support, etc. This Position will allow some room for value-adding, out-of-job description, projects and collaborations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs routine Geological responsibilities in the Well Planning and Execution process.
- Responsible for creation and integration of geological maps, petrophysics, logs, and 3D seismic for prospect development.
- Responsible for designing complex horizontal wells with the Drilling Team and Well Planner to integrate zone targeting, risk reduction and multi-team best practices for drilling and production feasibility.
- Leads or participates in multi-disciplinary and upper management meetings to design and review well plans, assess prospect geology, and finalize well plans for permitting.
- Prior to spud, updates well plans with post-permit learnings and QC’s final well plans for spacing and targeting.
- Works independently to perform specific geoscience tasks, but often works with Geologists and Engineers in team-setting for greater-team alignment; multi-disciplinary teamwork and communication is essential.
- Perform other duties as required.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com