- Give a basic level of general behavioral and psychiatric nursing care to mentally or developmentally disabled patient/youth
- Conduct daily clinical rounds and monitoring of patient /youth with signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Performpsychiatric nursing procedures, such as administer medications and treatments, including hypodermic injections, take and chart temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration, and all other basic general nursing procedures within the scope of licensure
- Work with other disciplines as part of Treatment Team in the development of treatment plans and objectives from assessments in providing an overall treatment program for patient/youth
- Assist in the development of group and individual therapy regimens. Act as a provider of group therapy to patient/youth.
- 12 continuous months of experience within the last 3 years performing services similar in scope to those defined herein in a public or private institution. Internship does not count towards the required experience.
- Possess and maintain while providing services to the CDCR a current and valid license issued by the California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician in order to perform services in the State of California.
- Must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS. Must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language.