Lead Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Job ID: BD708779820
As a Team Lead, Software Engineer, you will lead a small team of cross-functional engineers focused on building and maintaining all aspects of a specific portfolio of products. You will spend the other half of your time contributing to the code and architecture of a highly concurrent, high-throughput system on the AWS cloud.
What you get to do every day
- Lead the team(s) in achieving established goals and departmental objectives.
- Contribute to the software architecture of a highly concurrent, high-throughput system.
- Contribute to design of new functionality and expand existing functionality.
- Work with other engineering teams via “Guilds” of functional skill sets (Back-End, Front-End, Security, QA, Agile) to develop departmental standards for those functions.
- Plan, balance, and execute sprints containing bug fixes, feature requests, and new product development.
- Help maintain product roadmaps for the team’s portfolio of products along with the Product Manager.
- Manage a number of products and tasks using a variety of technologies.
- Achieve staff results by clearly communicating job expectations, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and even disciplining employees if they fail to meet clearly communicated expectations and productivity goals.
What kind of person should you be?
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all communications.
- Leadership and management skills – the ability to attract, retain, motivate, mentor, and develop team members to perform to their highest potential.
- Project management skills – the ability to plan and manage successful projects; including managing risks, costs, time, and roadmaps.
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and focus on results.
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, or DevOps roles
- Experience with Cloud Services is required (AWS, GCP, Azure, PCF, etc.) experience with Amazon AWS cloud services (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS…) is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience leading a team or complex projects
- Proficiency in React is preferred
- Proficiency with Linux-based systems
- Proficiency in Cloud-based architectures
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes and Docker
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.
TechnologyView all jobs at TEEMA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?