This platform provides real-time, safety information on different locations in order for travelers to stay informed and safe. This team is seeking an experienced SAS programmer to assist in building a multi-component data system.
**This position will be a remote, part-time long-term contract position (10-20 hours per week for at least 1 year).
This team's core business is focused on the production of an information product whose production entails researching data sources, harvesting data (including NLP algorithms), vetting and scrubbing data, organizing data and data files, performing statistical analysis, including the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms, and deriving predictive models.
We are seeking candidates with high levels of SAS coding experience, especially file creation and management and statistical model building. Candidates should be teamwork oriented and be able to work under occasional intense work sprints and some short notice deadlines.
- Experienced at manipulating and transforming data with SAS data steps and procedures.
- Experienced in writing SAS macros.
- Experienced with various SAS products including SAS AI.
- Demonstrated experience in scraping data, and using parallel processing.
- Proficient in Python for automation and collection of relevant data sources
- At least a medium level of competence with computer science theory and practice and very
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, statistics or econometrics
- Ability to work remotely and manage projects and collaboration within a distributed team environment