IT Management Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) is a quasi-government entity established by the Maryland General Assembly. It's mission is to enhance economic empowerment by fostering an inclusive and entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem by identifying, investing in, and helping to grow technology companies in Maryland.
TEDCO is seeking an IT Management Specialist to support its reporting suite and analyze and report on data related to TEDCO’s multiple programs. The IT Management Specialist will be TEDCO’s point person for its continued Salesforce enhancements and implementation of other technology enablers, which are central to TEDCO’s Business Intelligence infrastructure. The IT Management Specialist will work alongside various stakeholders, take initiative, and employ creative solutions to improve efficiencies within the organization’s workflows and data management practices. In addition, the IT Management Specialist will interact professionally with all levels of staff and portfolio company executives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Data collection and management for TEDCO’s operations and portfolio companies, which include:
- Obtaining quarterly reports from TEDCO’s portfolio companies, including ensuring compliance with the companies’ obligations to report as outlined in funding agreements;
- Obtaining quarterly data from TEDCO’s operations and programs;
- Maintaining Salesforce data integrity and ensuring all data is captured correctly;
- Providing analysis, as needed, on operational programs and portfolio data; and
- Modifying Salesforce and other mechanisms for capturing data as data requirements change.
Maintain TEDCO’s standard reporting suite for TEDCO staff and external stakeholders, including:
- Producing quarterly and annual economic impact reports, reports on TEDCO’s portfolio and program operations, and reports associated with TEDCO’s performance metrics;
- Analyzing captured data as requested;
- Aiding in dashboard/report development in Salesforce and Power BI; and
- Establish reporting standards across TEDCO and continuously assess report utilization.
Supporting ongoing Salesforce enhancements alongside the implementation of additional technology enablers within TEDCO, including:
- Supporting TEDCO’s Salesforce Data Model and collection methods;
- Assisting with the data integrity review process for all data sources across TEDCO;
- Supporting the implementation of new App Exchange software within Salesforce, such as Form Assembly;
- Supporting TEDCO’s other applications and data sources (e.g., Azure, SharePoint, GoodGrants, etc.) and continuously working to integrate these systems with the larger TEDCO data model.
- Providing training and support to staff and other users of Salesforce and other applications to improve efficiency; and
- Work together with third-party vendors to vet and implement proposed technology solutions.
This position will also be involved with special projects and events, such as the Entrepreneur Expo, and responsible for various other duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, software engineering, or another related field with significant IT-related exposure.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Salesforce administration and report generation from relational databases and Web applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting.
- Excellent written/oral communication and customer service skills.
- Technical, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- A record of taking initiative, demonstrating critical thinking, and solving problems.
- Working knowledge of Web development and working with databases.
- Working knowledge with SQL, VBA, Apex, and other coding languages, such as Python, a plus.
TechnologyView all jobs at TEDCO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?