TECHstaff Resources New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50 to $60 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k
Our client has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer/Admin for a short term engagement in Brooklyn.
- Probable engagement will be December with possibility of going longer. Perm possible as well.
- Primary responsibilities will be building servers, VM’s, rebuilding exchange, helping setup backups, etc.
· Perform basic configurations of Active Directory environment (group policies, scripting, permissions)
· Perform basic configurations on infrastructure (Server Hardware, Virtualized Environment)
· Basic administration of MS Exchange (mailbox creation)
· Basic administration of Windows Server, upgrades patches
· Serve as escalation point for resolution of issues not resolved by the technician team
· Create and maintain workstation images
· Handles all incoming calls to the help desk via phone, email & walk-in
· Monitor and follow up calls in help desk queue
· Provide support for hardware/software issues over the phone and in person
· Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: MS Office, Browser programs, Antivirus and other supported proprietary applications and systems
· Minimum 4 years’ experience
· Experience with MS Powershell
· Perform optimization of personal computer operating system; apply OS patches, troubleshoot communication devices.
· Experience with Windows Server
· VMWare and Cisco administration experience preferred
· Experience with Symantec SEP preferred
· Outlook & Exchange
· Familiar with troubleshooting TCP/IP Protocol
· Familiar with troubleshooting DNS, WINS and DHCP.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining all computer images in accordance to network standard
· Maintain hardware equipment inventory and make recommendations to management for hardware purchasing
· Knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office
· CCNA and MCITP/MCSA/MCSE preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
TECHstaff ResourcesWhy Work Here?
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at TECHstaff Resources