Our client is looking for a Senior SQL Server Database Developer/Engineer with well-rounded experience to join their team. Candidate will be working on development / operational support of high-volume 24/7 OLTP systems and Enterprise tier ODS environments.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, strong technical and analytical expertise as well as longer term planning abilities.
- Schema design, refactoring
- Creating and / or optimizing Store Procedures to be executed against a high volume, high availability OLTP system
- Develop and implement ETL processes using SSIS
- Database performance tuning
- Participate in DB engineering architecture process
- Develop performance metrics
- Assist with report generation and Data Analysis
- Support production and development databases
- Support Network Operations team, both proactively and in crisis mode
- Assist team with DBA support when needed
- Ability to produce sophisticated stored procedures and functions
- Manage data sources upwards of 100s of millions of rows of data
- Constructed and optimized queries for high volume, high availability, real time deployments
- Strong experience with database concepts and fundamentals
- 7+ years of experience in database administration and development on the Microsoft platform with SQL Server 2008/20012 and/ or 2014
- Experience with high-volume, transactional web-based systems.
- Strong theoretical and practical data modeling skills.
- Strong skills in T-SQL / store procedure development
- Strong skills with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
· Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong performance tuning and optimization skills, including procedure and query tuning and index management.
- Experience with Source Control packages
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Good general understanding of enterprise level software development and deployment lifecycles.