We are seeking a Service Coordinator to play an integral roll in the case management of Persons Served. If you thrive on building relationships and customer service and have a knack for communication organization and critical thinking, this is the job for YOU!
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Supports & Services, a Service Coordinator supports and coordinates services for individuals with disabilities to improve productivity, integration, independence, and the protection of legal rights. As an individual’s main advocate, this individual will assure that each person eligible for Targeted Case Management services will receive services in the least restrictive manner. This position is non-exempt/hourly and wage is dependent upon qualification, work history, and skill sets. Specific duties, include:
· Facilitate and author Individual Support Plans and processes and see that all phases of the ISP's are effectively implemented.
· Assist clients in applying for services/benefits outlined in the Individual Support Plan.
· Advocate for client rights and entitlements.
· Coordinate training, services, and communication with clients, parents, guardians, staff, and other involved professionals.
· Maintain case notes on all clients. Complete billing sheets at the end of each month.
· Review and take appropriate action on incident reports, daily behavior tracking forms and other tracking methods outlined in the client's individual support plans.
· Assist in the development of behavior support plans with all applicable medical, mental health, and support team members.
· Assist with transition planning, portability, and arrange for services to follow the client as moves occur from one setting, service, or provider to another.
· Prepare and participate with DPOK during BASIS Assessments (i.e. DDP, Systems Analysis.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in social work, psychology, vocational rehabilitation or related field with a minimum of six months experience in the field of developmental disabilities. OR A minimum of six months experience in the field of disabilities and additional full-time experience in the field of disabilities which may be substituted for the degree at the rate of six months of full-time experience for each missing semester of college.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Valid Driver’s License. Be employed by TECH, Inc. as a subcontractor who maintains a license with the Reno County CDDO for targeted case management and complete a registration and certification process required by SRS/Health Care Policy.
Ability to partner with various levels of staff, persons served, and community members. Field and respond to inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies, guardians and/or family members. Have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to various levels of employees, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Required: Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. PC proficiency (windows environment) is essential.
Recruitment Time Line:
As a general outline, the following schedule is being provided. TECH, Inc. will reserve the right to expedite or delay the process as desired or needed.
August/September Formal Job Posting and HR Review, Top Candidates Selected for Interview Process(es)
September/October Additional Processes, Top Candidate Selected, Position Offered & Director of M/D Welcomed
Qualified candidates shall submit their general application online via the application portal. In addition, candidates are asked to submit the following documents to the Director of Human Resources by emailing them to email@example.com.
1. Cover Letter
4. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations as Outlined Outline
3. Three Professional References & Contact Info for Each
To see the full job description and submit your application, please visit www.techinc.org/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org