TEC West Tolleson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Purpose: The Quality Assurance Technician is part of the Quality Assurance team. The QA Tech will assist Quality Assurance Management in QA procedures, with an emphasis on product evaluation of various categories in Distribution Plant. Assist in addressing all product complaints from stores. QA Tech will determine if product inbound to the warehouse is within customer specifications and will be authorized to issue rejections of product prior to notifying customer. QA Tech will also help implement applications of the comprehensive quality and food safety programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks that assure QA processes are met
- Conduct initial inspection of inbound product
- Notify vendor of any product not within specifications
- Communicate with vendor if possible replacement is available
- Report issues to customer Quality Assurance team
- Minimum Vendor GMP and Food Safety Requirements
- Conducts timely investigations of customer store complaints
- Regulatory- FDA, USDA, State, County, City Health Department
Education and/or Experience:
- HACCP Certification
- GMP Training
- Allergen awareness
- Strong computer skills required; with knowledge in MS Office, Excel and WMS system literacy
- WMS/Gold system literacy.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.