Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Technician
TEC West Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $35 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician must understand all production operations and resolve downtime problems in an efficient and timely manner as well as perform various maintenance tasks including electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes necessary repairs to equipment through adjusting, repairing or replacing mechanical or electrical system parts and components, using various tools.
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance.
- Reads and interpret drawings, specifications and shop manuals.
- Fabricates parts by operation of grinders, drill presses, air compressors and other related shop equipment and tools.
- Perform MIG / TIG welding
- Employee must follow all company food safety and personal safety policies and procedures, and wears PPE as required.
- Must comprehend, adhere and comply with all GMP's and Food safety requirements.
- Attends all company required trainings.
- Good communication skills (i.e. with Line Leads / Supervisors and co-workers).
- Responsible for clean-up of the work area.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- 2 year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of three to five years related experience and/or training in industrial maintenance preferred.
- Previous experience in the food, plastics or heavy industrial industries preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate solid electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic skills
- Knowledge of PLC's highly desired
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish).
TEC WestWhy Work Here?
Long established company with excellent company culture and benefits!
We’ve been matching high-performing, top-tier talent with the right jobs since 1980. TEC can match you with jobs that leverage your skills, challenge you daily, and reward you well. We not only offer our contract professionals competitive wages, but also terrific benefits including medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacations, direct deposit, and even a 401k.
AddressLos Angeles, CA