The primary function of a Director of DC Operations is to direct the Warehouse, Distribution, Inventory Management and related operations for our Stockton Distribution Center. This position reports to Chief Financial Officer. Positions reporting to this job are an Operations Manager, Traffic Analyst, and Administrator.
Essential Functions of this Role:
o Serve as the single point of contact for all distribution center operations for the Stockton, CA facility
o Provide vision and leadership to ensure all warehouse operational guidelines, safety compliance and protocols are adhered to, productivity standards and training programs are maintained, and continuous improvements as well as new ways of operating are part of the culture
- Reading and analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Communicate best practices and KPI’s weekly, monthly, and quarterly
· Inventory/ Cost Management:
o Responsible for achieving all warehouse cost and productivity related measures included but not limited to orders shipped on time, inventory accuracy, data integrity, returns processed on time, accident and injury prevention, etc
o Inspecting materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunction
o Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
· Global Strategic Initiatives:
o Be responsible for the development and implementation of company-wide supply chain logistics and operational IT strategies, supporting overall company objectives.
- Own global strategy for processes and procedures for global distribution strategy to optimize operational footprint and reduce total system-wide costs across Europe, China, and Canada.
- Build and foster strong cross functional relationships to ensure support of distribution strategy and alignment with business objectives
- Planning and establishing work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals
- Be responsible for the day to day direction and administration of all activities within the Fulfillment building.
- Partner with HR for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, disciplining, and promoting employees at the DC as needed
- Enforce housekeeping standards to provide a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by inspection, repair, and contracted maintenance
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively and clearly in a team-oriented environment
· Dedication to customer service that will permeate the entire organization
· Commitment to personal ownership and responsibility regarding work product
· Robust time management and productive ability
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree
· 10+ years Warehouse Management experience
· Hands on WMS experience
· Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent verbal and listening skills
· Proven analytical, mathematical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to use sound judgment and decision making
· Excellent time management skills - Managing one's own time and the time of others
· Ability to use critical thinking - Using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches