Auburn Hills, MI
Full Time Position
Day Shift: Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm + OT (before/after shift or occasional Saturdays; 2-4 OT hours per week estimated)
- Follow specific directions to perform shipping and receiving assignments that require basic understanding and use of standard procedures.
- Prepares, handles, packages, distributes and ships outgoing materials as required.
- Uses PCs and software programs to process shipments, inventory transactions, and documents for domestic and import shipments.
- Moves material safely using various material-handling equipment. Works with leadperson and supervisor to identify and solve problems.
- Ship material, check for damage, verifies quantities, and distributes material to various work areas as required.
- Contacts shipment requesters and/or other internal personnel to resolve discrepancies.
- Stores and distributes various materials to all areas within the facility.
- Organizes and labels material as required.
- Performs inventory transactions and Cycle counts materials as required.
- Supports other logistics operations as needed, performing miscellaneous shipping / packing activities including, but not limited to, marking with labels, stamps, attaching export documents, and other general documentation as required by order.
- Uses various materials handling equipment to safely move materials within the facility and parking lot.
- Typical handling equipment includes, but is not limited to, fork-trucks, hoists, pallet-jacks, and carts.
- Determines proper equipment based on material to be moved, and route to be travelled.
- Loads / unloads material into vehicles as required.
- Uses hand and power tools to perform various aspects of job function, including but not limited to, power saws, staplers, and nail guns.
- Operate various PCs and software packages including, but not limited to, the ERP system (SAP), the Inventory system (SmartSpares), and the Office Software system (LotusNotes and Microsoft Office), UPS Shipping system.
- Responsible for accurate data entry and processing, as per procedure, Order, or other requirement.
- Maintains files and records for shipping as required.
- Advises leadperson, and /or supervisor of issues or potential problems.
- Perform miscellaneous duties within the scope of job know-how.
- High School diploma/GED
- MUST act with a strong sense of urgency, working at a consistently fast (but safe) pace with the intention of consistently meeting deadlines and internal requirements*
- Forklift certification (preferred) the ability to safely operate various material-handling equipment, and a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of shipping, storing, and material handling methods.
- Basic knowledge of export requirements for foreign countries, and the ability to look up shipment tracking via carrier websites.
- Strong PC skills, including basic understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP, and the ability to efficiently interface with a variety of other software packages required to perform job duties.
- Able to efficiently use miscellaneous office equipment including, but not limited to, copiers, fax machines, and mailroom systems.
- Must have effective communication skills, and be able to interface with others within and outside the company