The service manager reports to the VP of Operations and supports the sales, service, technical training, warranty returns and technical support functions.This position requires a self starter with the drive to see their areas of responsibility grow with the pride of their professional work being their major motivation.
The service manager reports to the VP of Operations and supports the sales, service, technical training, warranty returns and technical support functions.
- Performs service training at customer sites as well as at the corporate office
- Manages and maintains sales demo equipment by completing preventative maintenance and updating hardware and software
- Develops marketing database that justifies the superiority of ventilator in the "Cost of Ownership" against competitive products
- Maintains ventilator installation and Service Report/Warranty Claim/Complaint Databases. Must be extremely competent in the use of Excel and Word programs
- Evaluates Service Reports, Warranty Claims and Complaint forms and assigns Return Goods Authorization (RGA) numbers to facilitate part returns
- Provides worldwide technical support
- Maintains biomedical equipment inventory, anticipating needs, placing orders, and verifying receipt
- Manages service repairs at the corporate and customer sites
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, maintaining personal networks
- Provides technical expertise to the Technical Service Organization
- Maintains and updates the service manuals for all ventilators