The Plant Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the incoming supplier parts to the manufacturing facility. It is the SQE’s role to ensure high quality products are being transported, handled, and manufactured properly to prevent quality issues in our Assembly Plants. The engineer will provide on-site launch support at our manufacturing facilities to ensure launch readiness.
Typical job responsibilities for a Plant Supplier Quality Engineer may include any of the following:
- Investigate purchase part quality issues at the plant location
- Support the non-confirming purchased parts activities
- Work with suppliers and plant personnel to conduct containment and root cause analysis
- Engage in Third Party Containment and Problem Resolution (3 CPR) activities
- Implement corrective action initiatives to drive down warranty costs
- Support permanent and temporary off-loading of manufacturing processes
Plant Supplier Quality Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required from an ABET accredited university. Electrical Engineering is highly preferred, Mechanical Engineering is acceptable
- Must have minimum 5 years automotive electrical work experience in Quality, Engineering, Production, or Manufacturing.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 1st, 2nd, 3rd SHIFTS.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis