Manufacturing Process Engineer Description:
The Manufacturing Process Engineer - Intermediate will perform process engineering activities, including simultaneous engineering, project management, plant launch support, process continuous improvement, and other product/process assurance planning activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enthusiastically support and contribute to World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Program and tools.
- Manufacturing Process Design Creation.
- Develop Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA’s) with cross functional teams.
- Write detailed process instructions.
- Manage root cause analysis.
- Interface with Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering and Plant personnel to ensure product design feasibility for manufacturing and report out findings and implement improvements.
- Write detailed tooling specifications for various types of production tooling, single point tooling, fixtures and complex systems such as framing cells.
- Responsible for the initial phases of tool engineering, including a determination of the complete tooling required, cost estimating and obtaining competitive bids from vendors.
- Based on specifications, determine which manufacturing operations will be performed and in what sequence. Determine for each operation the number and kind of machine tools used, including fixtures and gauges. Determine proper feeds and speeds for each machine to ensure HPE productivity targets are achieved.
- Develop plant layouts for placement and arrangement of machinery and equipment. Prepare specifications for architects and major contractors.
- Engage in the initial phases of quality engineering and determine quality control methods, procedures and techniques to control and improve product quality
- Conduct studies using advanced statistical methods and techniques for solution of quality problems.
- Floor support addressing downtime issues. Debug / program new/existing equipment. Contribute towards continuous improvement activities.
- Support assembly/machining/testing equipment as directed in engineering/troubleshooting activities on plant floor. Work with plant teams to increase direct run FTC and to reduce OME expenses. Works with cross-functional team to help integrate new equipment or process into the plant
- Actively participate in employee suggestion program -- Innovation by Suggestion.
Manufacturing Process Engineer Requirements:
- May be required to operate a company vehicle. A valid driver's license is required along with a clean driving record.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Automobile manufacturing experience
- Catia V, TeamCenter / NX, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Visio, TIF Files
Team Center Manufacturing, AMPS Automated Manufacturing Planning System, Automobile Manufacturing Design Tool Experience, Engineering Build of Material EBOM, Key Process Tracking, Process & Design Tool experience, Virtual Product Management VPM, CN’s Product Change Notes
You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.