- The Joining Quality Engineer – Intermediate will work on vehicle launches with the Joining Engineering team preparing weld inspection graphics and routines. In addition, the Joining Quality Engineer – Intermediate will ensure the continuous updates to training documents throughout the launch process.
- Certifying plant personnel in the use of Resistance Spot Weld Analyzer (RSWA) equipment and corporate ultrasonic weld inspection requirements.
- Demonstrating, and training, inspection topics to the team, to increase and sustain quality and throughput. The topics will include corporate ultrasonic weld inspection requirements, plant weld inspection procedures and timing, and weld inspection equipment operation.
- Utilizing Tessonics Designer to develop databases, and create weld inspection routes for each NAFTA facility.
- Use of the Tessonics Reporter software for weld inspection data analysis and interpretation.
- Utilize Teamcenter to obtain weld inspection route graphics and crucial weld parameters, which will be imported into the Tessonics Designer software.
- Support weld inspection operations at the plant by assisting with troubleshooting of ultrasonic weld equipment and Tessonics software.
- Interface with Structure Design, Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Plant Management and Union Personnel for certification and quality inspection route development.
- Work with the BIW operations team to coordinate the implementation of “Best Practice” replications and other process improvements through the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) process. Through data acquisition and analysis, the team will develop strategies and measurables to improve quality and throughput. These strategies will fall within the boundaries of corporate guidelines and be customized to each plant as needed based on resource levels and skills evaluations.
- Will understand the BIW specifications completely, as well as, suggest and implement changes to BIW specifications as needed.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver's license required along with a clean driving record.
- There will be moderate local/domestic and international travel required.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a technical/engineering discipline and 2 years’ of related experience or 5 years’ experience related to ultrasonic weld inspection (automotive industry a plus)
- Strong understanding of Resistance Spot Weld Analyzer (RSWA)/ultrasonic weld inspection operation and equipment utilization
- Ability to train personnel and convey topics in an understandable manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to utilize Excel/Google Sheets for data extraction and interpretation
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good understanding of (WCM) World Class Manufacturing methodologies/tools
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of weld parameter development, resistance and fusion weld certifications; weld conformance tracking and a broad understanding of weld manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Tessonics equipment and software
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering Technology or a related field
- Familiarity with Teamcenter operations and utilization
- Strong understanding of weld parameter development, resistance and fusion welding certifications, weld conformance tracking and a broad understanding of weld manufacturing processes