Shelby Township, MI
The Estimator/Process Engineering position requires a strong Equipment Design Engineering background and understanding of Automotive Assembly Automation systems with special focus on module assembly. Utilize standards, specifications and line-up information presented by the customer to develop competitive proposals. Develop and maintain strong business and customer relationships improving the reputation with key customer/account stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend customer line-up meetings.
- Be able to disseminate the customer’s Technical Specifications and the manufacturing feasibility of customer requested processes/applications. Ability to propose required equipment and processes to meet customer requirements.
- Be trusted and respected by the Customer.
- Provide regular follow-up with customers both current and future to establish consistent communication.
- Possess the skill to create an automated assembly process with system layouts utilizing the process developed and develop detailed cost and create detailed quote packages for our customers.
- Coordinate the receipt of CAD data and drawings. Be proficient in AutoCAD/Inventor to prepare system layouts and part overviews and Microsoft Excel for preparing detail cycle time charts.
- Define and obtain all engineering information required for project design completion.
- Support the development (Eventually be able to provide) of highly competitive technical process proposals and associated cost roll-up by coordinating with Fori internal departments and the customer for the following: customer requirements, technical feasibility, process competitiveness, and cost competitiveness.
- Provide concept sketches, reference drawings and all required information for design personnel.
- Assist/aid design personnel assigned to designated projects.
- Verify assembly, test & material handling system processes based on cycle time, cost, and product quality.
- After award, prepare sales orders, internal department kick-off documents and change tracking documents as required per project.
- Ideal experience and skills:
- Experienced in Mechanical Design.
- Strong Manufacturing engineering background in Assembly Automation specializing in module assembly (Suspension modules are primary). Other tier 1 automotive assembly areas include tire/wheel, seats, headliners, sunroofs, front end modules, instrument panels, test and automated material handling.
- Ability to interface appropriately with engineering, manufacturing and project management
- Team player that is able to communicate effectively to all levels in organization.
- Aggressive and results oriented with record of proven performance.
- Tooling and assembly system costing experience.
- Effective inter personal skills with employees, management and customers.
- Technically competent (Assembly Automation) with good judgment and analytical skills.
- Energetic, proactive, able to motivate others, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, personal moral character, and business ethical conduct
- Understanding of customer application requirements and process selection to meet them
- Coordination of technical proposal from concept to final detailed cost roll-up
- Knowledgeable in all Sales related Business process with emphasis on technical proposal development processes
- Strong presentation, planning and organization skills
Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience depending on educational background. Strong manufacturing or Design engineering or Estimating background in Assembly Automation specializing in module assembly (Suspension modules are primary). Other tier 1 automotive assembly areas include tire/wheel, seats, headliners, sunroofs, instrument panels, front end modules, test and automated material handling
Travel Requirements: Minimal overnight travel required.
Established and growing company offering competitive wages and benefits including:
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement
- Competitive salary
- Bonus eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
TEC Group Inc.
Why Work Here?Look, we could tell you about TEC Group, how it was established in 1980, and how we make connections between dynamic organizations and resourceful professionals. Is this really what you want to know about our company? No, that's obligatory copywriting. You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
Industry competitive salary, great benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for growth