Location: Eldorado, NM
Title: Customer Support & Billing Specialist
Position Type: Contract
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT (60 minute lunch)
The Customer Service & Billing Specialist is a mid-level position in our Customer Service & Billing Department for a local water utility. Our department is responsible for working with the Operations and Administrative departments to meet water production, customer service, and billing goals. We strive to deliver professional customer service from knowledgeable and compliant agents. If you are someone who understand the importance of accuracy and reliability, then you would be successful on our team!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Make your mark by working firsthand with customers of a tight-knit community
- Learn on the job the tasks and workflows of a small intimate office
- Make a difference – be a vital part of helping customers register for electronic services and use our platforms to monitor water
- Manage data - process new accounts, distribute final bills, clean up old data, generate reports, manage applications for adjustments, and generate final bill refunds
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Coordinate appointments and communications
- Get paid to think – problem solve and apply your judgment in determining work methods that work for you as well as determining how to approach customer service when resolving their questions
- Grow – working at your own pace as you establish proficiency with each task and support with critical functions of billing
- Find problem solving fulfilling and challenging
- Are self-motivated and eager to learn
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs
- Have a clear, professional, and informative communication style • Interested in building technical skills and learning about water production and billing functions
- Understand the importance of following meeting compliance standards, deadlines, and maintaining records with accuracy
- Are familiar with reporting, converting data into formatted spreadsheets, data scrubbing, and understand basic formulas
- Can use standard operating procedures to complete tasks and use their knowledge to evaluate situations and select a correct solution
- Someone who can determine work methods, balancing competing priorities, and works under general guidance
- Confidently handle difficult conversations and issues
- Manage tasks and processes with accuracy, discipline, and reliability
- Can demonstrate accuracy in calculations in a variety of functions, processes, and reports
- Are able to maintain flexibility with fast-paced office activities and interruptions
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Office, Excel), Adobe Editor, internet, customer online interfaces and platforms
- Minimum three years of office clerical experience
- Minimum of five years of customer service roles
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass Drug Screening Tests
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office environment. Must be able to perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination when preparing reports and using a computer keyboard, have vision sufficient to read computer screens, printed documents and operate office equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. Must be able to transport self across the facility and infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Proficient in 10 key entries, data entry, payment handling. Supports professionals working on challenging projects, completing a variety of administrative tasks, working with minimal supervision, and multitasking effectively.
- Experience with independent judgment and have the initiative to take on new tasks and challenges every day. Work is frequently complex, proprietary, and requires strong administrative skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- The applicant should also have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each administrative task.
You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
TEC Group Inc.
Why Work Here?Look, we could tell you about TEC Group, how it was established in 1980, and how we make connections between dynamic organizations and resourceful professionals. Is this really what you want to know about our company? No, that's obligatory copywriting. You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
Industry competitive salary, great benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for growth