Production Manager Manufacturing
TEAK ISLE MFG. Ocoee, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MUST Be Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Teak Isle manufactures thousands of plastic, metal and wood parts for the marine industry. We are looking for a Production Supervisor who is an expert planner to help us plan, directs and coordinates activities of one of our production cells which consists of approximately 40-50 employees.
· Plans workflow by distributing daily job tasks to employees, ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and the department has adequate materials and supplies.
- Assists to resolve operating problems with employees and notifies operations Supervisor of problems outside his/her scope of authority.
- Hires, trains, coaches and evaluates employees.
- Recommends disciplinary action.
- Ensures job expectations, policy changes and departmental objectives are effectively communicated to the employees.
· Sets up workstations with designated materials, tools and supplies as required.
· Is responsible for daily production meetings to communicate on work status to management and other departments, receives production reports and helps develop solutions to production issues.
- Checks part lists and verifies availability of parts, including any missing parts.
- Helps expedite material shortages by notifying appropriated personnel and checking daily status of the receiving department.
- Visually checks employees work to ensure proper number of parts and accessories are completed and the quality meets company standards before going to shipping.
- Ensures department is always properly supervised.
- Maintains physical and safety conditions in the department by insuring employees are complying with safety standards, inspecting equipment and notifying appropriate personal of needed repairs or any other safety issue.
- Informs appropriate department, group leader or management associate of any product shortages, defects or any other problem affecting shipments to customers.
· Helps in establishing departmental policies and procedures.
· Assists other departments and management to contribute to the overall team effort.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High school or equivalent. Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Must have a good working knowledge of a production departments operations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have good communication skills. A certain amount of confidentiality and independent judgment is necessary.
- MUST Be Bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
TEAK ISLE MFG.Why Work Here?
Work with passionate people in an awesome industry (boating) for an established and respected American manufacturing company!
Teak Isle is a company dedicated to the design and manufacturing of quality products. We have been a trusted supplier to over 200 boat manufacturers and other industries for 35 years. Our reputation is founded on the commitment to providing excellent customer service, innovative design solutions, exceptional quality products, and on-time delivery. Our reputation in the industry is exceptional. Our team members believe strongly in dedication to going above and beyond for our customers. Applicants must be committed to this same philosophy and have a strong work ethic.
401 Capitol CtOcoee, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at TEAK ISLE MFG.