The Field Services Compliance Associate is responsible for managing the pole exchange of notice and pole attachment licensing per contractual requirements. Partners with power companies and third party attachers to document pole and plant changes, and manage intercompany billing. Partners with Field Services, Network Services, Project Managers, and Carrier Relations to coordinate billing and updates to internal records to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable policies, administrative codes, and statutes.
Location: This individual may be hired out of our offices in Contoocook (NH), Madison (WI), or Knoxville (TN).
About TDS Telecom
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdstelecom.com.
Pole Licensing, Applications, and Memos:
- Prepare, manage, and process new attachment requests and manage the billing and collection with pole attachments and joint use activities including pole retirements.
- Manage pole attachment accounts and relationships with attaching entities. Inputs licenses, applications, and memos and required technical data into appropriate computer applications, databases, and systems.
- Audit files to ensure the accuracy of our records for each attaching entity including monthly reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with attaching entities in order to proactively manage operational relationships with each third party attacher.
- Subject matter expert regarding pole attachment activities including development of standards and processes that impact third party attachments.
Pole Attachment Audits:
- Assist in managing the pole attachment inventories including pole audits, compiling inventory audit results and senior management reporting.
- Associates degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years of professional work experience.
- 4+ years of technical support, network operations or accounting experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus.
- Experience managing projects, including but not limited to those involving technical matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of PC applications and databases (i.e. Microsoft suite).
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
Software Powered by iCIMS