In your new role as Billing Support Advisor, you will be working 8:00am-5:00pm CST and be a key contributor in TDS’ overall strategy to grow, delight, and retain our business customers. This contact center position investigates and resolves commercial billing concerns and inquiries and works with the customer and various interdepartmental groups, (i.e. Sales, Product Management, Legal, IT and Tax Knowledge Center, etc.) until a mutually satisfactory resolution is achieved. Examples of requests include, but are not limited to, the following: tax exemption status changes, change of liability, billing errors, pricing disputes, toll fraud, directory advertising concerns, and bill reprints.
The Billing Support Advisor is part of a team that is the primary point of contact for schools, libraries and rural health care customers, as well as USAC and SLD of the government, as they work through the funding process. The Advisor ensures all the proper forms are filed in order to process reimbursement requests received on behalf of the customer and processes the requests in a form of a bill credit request to the customer.
The Billing Support Advisor handles any commercial billing related projects or audits within TDS Wireline, Cable, and Bend billing and ordering systems. This position also supports order entry into multiple systems, working with sales, and other functional department services. The advisor position is a key resource for process and procedure adherence, and for making recommendations for improvements.
The Advisor must maintain personal knowledge and performance on product and service offerings (including new and upcoming services, products and promotions & TSA’s), contact information, contact database(s), and activity and outcome reporting.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, WI, employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
- Take the lead role and manage customer billing concerns including: investigate billing disputes, early termination charges and/or errors submitting the necessary requests to resolve, negotiating customer credits as needed. Locate customer service agreements, conducting bill reviews, setting customer expectations regarding toll fraud, set customers up for online billing, or providing bill reprints as requested.
- Process orders for Business customers whose accounts were disconnected for non-payment, process e-Rate & Rural Health Care Funding claims and Change of Liability requests, and any tax exemption paperwork
- Contact customers regarding requests from other carriers, including Pic change & port-out requests. Place orders as necessary to change Pics, billing and/or service address.
- Process orders for small and large business customers whose accounts were disconnected for non-payment, once payment has been received.
- Process customer disconnect orders for all BSSC small business customers and Cable non bundle disconnect orders.
- 1+ years telecommunications, customer service, OR billing
- Ability to adapt to rapid change and fast-paced environment while incorporating time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, as well as ordering and billing systems, and customer information systems.
- Advanced sales and/or customer service skills.
- Experience in a direct sales program preferred.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Familiarity with products and services offered by the Company.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.