*Please note this is a year round internship**
TDS Telecom is looking to hire a Billing Analyst Intern! The position is responsible for supporting various billing activities of our wireline and cable business units. Under direct supervision the intern will assist the Billing Operations teams with recurring activities associated with customer invoice preparation, data gathering, monthly reporting, and cross departmental project initiatives to ensure the business unit complies with day-to-day operational requirements. This position can turn into a full time position for the right candidate! You will use tools such as: Office 365 (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, Access), SAP, Crystal Reporting, Right Now Web among others.
School is top priority so TDS offers very flexible schedules, while requiring you to work 20 hours per week.
Who is TDS Telecom?
TDS Telecom, the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. TDS Telecom provides 1.1 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services to customers in more than a hundred rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. TDS Telecom offers businesses the latest communications solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted) phone service, dedicated high-speed Internet and hosted-managed services. Please visit tdstelecom.com or tdsbusiness.com for more information.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000™ company, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 5.8 million customers nationwide through its subsidiaries TDS Telecom, OneNeck® IT Solutions, and U.S. Cellular®. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, Telephone and Data Systems employs 10,100 people. Please visit teldta.com for more information.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs more than 2,800 people and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. In 2018, TDS was recognized in Forbes list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. The TDS family of companies, which includes TDS Telecom, is listed at 190 out of 250 top employers in the U.S.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
- An employer that supports a diverse and inclusive community of interns by providing resources for development, opportunities for internal advancement, and forums to connect with one another
- Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
- A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
- Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
- Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
What Sets TDS Apart From the Competition?
TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities.
The Billing Analyst Intern may have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Support billing activities such as entering critical billing data into customer accounts
- Prepare billing invoices for customers
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly reporting
- Create and/or update process documentation
- Gather data from various sources and provide quality reporting
- Be a part of and engage in team discussions
- Track disputed accounts payable invoices
- Currently pursuing or earned Associate's Degree (or higher) in Information Systems Management, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- Successfully completed 1+ more semesters of degree related coursework
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Familiarity with databases and SQL is highly sought after
- Able to identify process improvement opportunities and provide potential solutions
- Experience with computers and various software packages (i.e. Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, SharePoint, Yammer) and willingness to learn new systems/ technologies
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills; ability to deal with multiple tasks and finish tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work both independently and on team assignments
- Self-motivated – able to follow detailed instructions and document results
- Solid work ethic and demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Inquisitive in nature; Always asking questions and wanting to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication