TDS Telecom is seeking a driven, enthusiastic, and creative Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and lead our analysis of a growing business segment. In this highly visible role you must possess an analytical and strategic mindset, an ability to communicate ideas to our executive leadership team, and a desire to make an impact with an industry leading Fortune 1000 company.
The Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst position plays a key role in assisting the analysis, forecasting, budgeting and management reporting activities of the organization by supporting: monthly financial analysis of segment performance and associated executive review; identification of changes in business conditions; and development of preliminary business case.
The Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for assembling financial and operational data while ensuring its accuracy and evaluating the data for anomalies from actual trends, budget and forecast. The Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst will work closely with the financial analyst managers in assembling the data and must have a strong knowledge of financial reporting and systems so s/he is able to proficiently pull required data from the appropriate sources. The incumbent will also maintain existing and create new economic/financial computer models used by the analysis team to evaluate complex business decisions. As such, strong computer skills are required to efficiently assemble and manipulate large volumes of data accurately.
In addition, the processes that the Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst is responsible for (e.g., functional area, customer segment or product line monthly financial analysis, budgets and consolidation, resource allocation, operations and management reporting, special project analysis and business development activities) rely on multiple teams for key inputs and for delivering monthly analysis and reporting business units. Therefore, the Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst must be able to manage relationships, influence workload priorities of others and validate the accuracy and relevance of the data provided. The Analyst / Sr. Analyst - Financial Analyst will also assist with special project analysis and provide ongoing back-up support for assigned financial reporting elements (i.e. Payroll, COGS, or maintenance expense) and/or operating unit leadership teams.
In an advanced role, this position will lead project teams assembled to create tools to solve various analytic and business needs, including but not limited to management reporting, financial analysis, forecasting & budgeting, strategic evaluation & analysis, or business case analysis.
-Conduct monthly financial analysis for business unit executives and their lead teams.
- Assembles financial and operational statistics and evaluates for anomalies from budget and forecast
- Prepares financial schedules for executive and corporate review that explain current month performance
-Report on strategic elements of the business including operational, network, and sales and marketing components.
-Manage quarterly forecasts and annual budget process for assigned business unit. Work with assigned VP, directors and their teams to develop their forecast/budget models ensuring they accurately reflect business trends.
-Coordinate and manage reporting for monthly operations package.
-Continuously identify and evaluate business unit needs. Perform ad hoc analysis. Work closely with the appropriate Finance and support groups to ensure business unit’s financial needs are met.
-Leads initiatives to develop processes and create tools for financial analysis, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Integrates new cable acquisitions into reporting processes.
Analyst - Financial Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree–OR- 4+ years professional work experience
Sr. Analyst - Financial Analysis
- 2+ years analysis experience
- Strong Analytics Skills
- Capable of interacting with executives and senior management.
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance, legal contracts and employee information.
- Ability to act independently and evaluate alternatives from a broad perspective.
- Strong knowledge of wide range of analytic tools: trend analysis, price volume analysis, statistics & ratios, industry analysis.
- Track record of success performing at a high level in a fast-paced demanding environment where you may engage with many people for various special ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to department managers and senior executives.
- Experience preparing business cases to evaluate corporate investment or product strategy scenarios.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
Software Powered by iCIMS