The Advanced Technical SupportSpecialist provides high level technical support to TDS Telecom's high profile commercial, high revenue generating customers (Top 100, Platinum, MIP, Metro E, and Commercial Bulk) in a quality-oriented and professional manner.
In the role of Advanced Technical Support Specialist you would use advanced access to the TDS network to troubleshoot issues, as well as work with our Network Operations, Information Systems, and Network Services teams, and/or work with TDS Telecom vendors in the interest of restoring customers services in a timely fashion.
Troubleshoots, analyses, resolves, and escalates customer/network troubles. This specifically includes the following:
- Handle advisor support calls and chats assist advisors on process and procedures for troubleshooting customer issues. Take over ownership of level 1 trouble tickets that cannot be resolved. Provides customers with ticket status updates, and completes customer callbacks when the trouble has been resolved.
- Answer level 1 support calls from Business customers (MIP, SDI, MPLS, SIP Trunking, etc.)
- Act as an escalation path from front line advisors. Assume the call from the advisor and follow the trouble through to resolution.
- Act as an escalation path for the Sales team. Assume ownership of the escalation. Keep Sales and the customer updated through resolution of the trouble.
- Remotely tests lines, trunks, and other facilities.
- Makes device configuration changes for voice, data, and video troubles.
- Provide troubleshooting support and technical guidance for Field Services technicians.
- Provides ticket status updates (Commercial customers/Carriers), and completes customer callbacks when the trouble has been resolved.
- Troubleshooting assistance with Advanced Technical Support
- Familiarity with all switching platforms for advanced troubleshooting of LCR and Fraud issue.
- 2 years VoIP troubleshooting or TDM switching experience.
- Works with the HRA Training team and TCO Procedures team to document procedures and training on all new product/network element rollouts.
- Provides advanced support for the Senior Team with less focus on support for front line advisors.
- Advanced Voice/Data resolution capabilities
- Participate on network upgrades
- Team lead technical resource & leadership responsibilities within Team.
- SME on most switching platforms (Nortel, EWSD, DCO, Lucent, Metaswitch, Broadsoft, etc)
- Work directly with Level III teams within TDS to resolve customers troubles in a timely fashion.
- Ownership of Contact Center Processes and Procedures.
- Ownership of all technical access and documentation of uses of the access.
Assists and supports other TDS Customer Contact Centers, Marketing and Sales departments in duties such as resolving customer troubles, updating tickets, answering phone calls and responding to e-mails with updates within the established Service Level intervals.
Proactively manage support relationship with premier customer accounts; reviewing account for any chronic or repeat issues and following up with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction with the restoration efforts.
Other Projects as directed by the immediate supervisor/manager
Trains to keep abreast of current and future network equipment and company processes.
- Associates Degree (or higher) OR 2+ years professional work experience.
- 3+ years computer application experience with a strong proficiency in MS office applications.
- 2+ years customer service experience.
- 2+ years technical support or call center experience.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers needs.
- 2+ years telecommunications OR 2+ years customer service experience in a trouble resolution environment is preferred.
- One (or more) technical certifications on one of TDS currently deployed network platforms.
- Thorough understanding of the Commercial order process.
- Willingness to work and make decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment.
- Training in Data, Voice, or Video Network Technologies is a plus.
- Good technical and analytical skills are necessary.
- Ability to multitask in high tension situations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Good client and vendor relations skills and interpersonal skills.
- A professional attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and staff.
- Able to adapt quickly to change and prioritize work activities in response to changes challenges or demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At TDS, we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. We are stronger together!
If you wish to speak with us regarding assistance or an accommodation related to the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Powered by iCIMS