TDS Broadcasting LLC, a TDS company, operates KOHD-TV the ABC affiliate, KBNZ-LP the CBS affiliate, COTV11 and CO4 Visitors Network as Zolo Media, offering a wide range of viewing options for Central Oregonians.
Zolo Media provides targeted advertising solutions through a combination of local originated content, local broadcast television stations, and on BendBroadband and Crestview cable television networks. Zolo Creative Services offers award-winning video production for television spot production. Visit zolomedia.com or centraloregondaily.com.
TDS Broadcasting LLC and Zolo Media are part of TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom), which is based in Madison, Wis. Combined, the companies employ nearly 2,700 people and are subsidiaries of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, TDS Broadband Service, and TDS Broadcasting LLC. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
The News Producer monitors the news of the day from various sources, organizes a newscast into a daily rundown, then writes and supervises the reporting and editing of all stories within the newscast. The News Producer may also be called upon to produce stories in the field by developing ideas, researching details, writing copy, coordinating shoots and conducting interviews. The News Producer may be asked to contribute written material and content to the station’s website and social media sites in a timely manner.
- Writing scripts, stories and other valuable viewer content for stories, news broadcasts, website and social media outlets.
- Monitoring all news, scheduled events and local happenings. Researches ideas, topics and stories for current and future broadcasts. Conducts interviews and shooting stories in studio and in the field.
- Assigning stories and resources including news and production staff.
- Creating Graphics and Titles for Newscast
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4+ years professional work experience.
- 1+ years of experience in college news/video production or as a professional news or video producer
- Ability to work with Inception News software
- Ability to work with limited resources and tight deadlines
- Ability to write copy under broadcast journalism standards
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively to produce a quality newscast
- Keen interest, knowledge and awareness of current events locally and nationally
- Time intensity that is evidenced by a track record of seizing the moment and bringing the appropriate amount of energy to solve problems and effect change sooner than later
- Curious and perceptive nature coupled with energy that is evidenced by a history of questioning the way things are, identifying opportunities and then effecting change with an eye toward making things better.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to explain complex issues in a clear and thorough manner as evidenced in personal interviews and via telephone.
- Working background showing the ability to manage multiple tasks.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
Software Powered by iCIMS