Zolo Media – KOHD-TVABC and KBNZ-TV CBS, a TDS Broadcasting Company, is looking to hire Central Oregon Daily News Intern! As a CO Daily Intern, you will gain invaluable hands-on experience learning the process of what goes into producing a show for a broadcast television group. You will use tools such as: Outlook for scheduling, Word Press & JW Player for web content and social media for posting stories. There’s also an opportunity to learn Adobe Premiere Pro, After- Effects & Photoshop, as well as various cameras, basic studio lighting and sound equipment.
We are looking for students with an attention to detail, excellent writing skills, and the desire to learn and use editing technology in a fast-paced environment.
School is always the top priority, so Zolo offers very flexible schedules, while requiring you to work up to 15 hours per week.
- Scheduling and Communication
- Booking interesting guests and gathering content for the 3pm show will be a top priority. Being able to coordinate and follow up with guests to ensure that they have a great experience at the studio and that the show is high quality is important.
- Promotional Content
- Creation of promotional content (editing video from Central Oregon Daily programming) along with posting content on WordPress and pushing out through social media.
- You will learn how to communicate with all stakeholders in the process of presenting ideas, producing them and delivering content. News is a fast-passed, ever-changing process, so communicating direction and changes throughout the process is important.
- Shooting and Delivery of Dynamic Content
- Supporting role in developing dynamic web stories by arranging the shoot, setting up the location (and getting permissions), and learning how to use cameras for promotional spots.
- Video Editing and Production
- Supporting role in downloading video, editing, selecting music, typestyle, voice-over and special effects. Knowledge of basic editing is important as well as having excellent spelling and computer skills.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
- Training with camera equipment and editing software.
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe creative suite or additional editing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Desire to learn new software tools
Software Powered by iCIMS