TDS Broadcasting LLC, a TDS company, operates KOHD-TV the ABC affiliate, KBNZ-LP the CBS affiliate, COTV11 and CO4 Visitors Network as Zolo Media, offering a wide range of viewing options for Central Oregonians.
Zolo Media provides targeted advertising solutions through a combination of local originated content, local broadcast television stations, and on BendBroadband and Crestview cable television networks. Zolo Creative Services offers award-winning video production for television spot production. Visit zolomedia.com or centraloregondaily.com.
TDS Broadcasting LLC and Zolo Media are part of TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom), which is based in Madison, Wis. Combined, the companies employ nearly 2,700 people and are subsidiaries of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, TDS Broadband Service, and TDS Broadcasting LLC. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
The Broadcast Engineer installs, supports, and maintains a full spectrum of technical systems and equipment in a broadcast TV environment. Technical systems include, but are not limited to, cameras, switchers, video and network routers, audio equipment, field production, truck equipment, master control automation, video transcoding servers, live capture and streaming video servers, the broadcast airchain for 4 television channels (KOHD-TV, KBNZ-LPV, COTV and CO4 Visitor’s Network), and information systems (i.e. servers, endpoint computer workstations and printers). The role is also responsible for live production truck operations for live events such as sports, parades, and other televised events outside of the studio.
- Maintain all broadcast technology used in the daily operation of the station as well as ancillary systems used to support company operations.
- Install and test new systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues with broadcast and information technology for the station.
- Set up, operate, and maintain the equipment in the live production truck.
- Monitor and manage critical server infrastructure for the station.
- Work closely with the Chief Broadcast Engineer to identify maintenance, equipment, and procedural needs in order to update and implement proactive, preventative maintenance plans.
- Provide technical support to end-users.
- Perform office installation tasks such as building and installing video editing desks and workstations, cable pulls, assisting with office moves, and shuttling equipment to and from storage as-needed.
- Develop and update technical knowledge and skills for the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years professional work experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in broadcasting, IT or other technical field.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOT Medical certificate.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, insurance and have access to reliable transportation.
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking related to local LANs and computer connectivity.
- Solid troubleshooting skills, especially with signal flow.
- Ability to learn and understand technical systems and equipment rapidly and be able to do so on your own via technical manuals and self-directed research.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical employees to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues.
- Excellent judgment and ability to diagnose, problem solve and handle complex issues under pressure or in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of broadcast equipment (Ross, Sony, Imagine, Telestream, evertz, and AJA products), A/V routing, A/V production gear and master control systems.
- RF transmitter experience, component-level repairs, electronics testing and repairs, and broadcast training or SBE certifications a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an on-call environment with a flexible schedule, including occasional extended hours, night, weekend, and holidays.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May be required to balance or climb. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may require working outdoors, in mechanical/ equipment rooms, and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
Software Powered by iCIMS