FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
C-SHIFT: FRIDAY THRU SUNDAY AND EVERY OTHER THURSDAY FROM 6:00 AM TO 6:00 PM (12% differential)
D: Friday thru Sunday and every other Thursday 6 PM to 6 AM (17% differential)
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of all industrial equipment, including HVAC packaging units, chiller/cooling tower systems, boilers, fluid pumping systems, reverse osmosis and DI water systems, waste water treatment, and chemical delivery systems; overseeing the roof maintenance program, including inspection, cleaning or removing debris, and overseeing contracted services; performing all regular scheduled or unscheduled electrical, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance to the interior or exterior of the facility. This position is located in Milpitas, California.
- Performs both scheduled and unscheduled electrical, mechanical, and plumbing repairs or maintenance to the interior or exterior of the facility
- Performs both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of HVAC units, including packaging units, chiller/cooling tower systems; performs minor repairs to automation or environmental controls as needed
- Reads, understands, and interprets schematic drawings such as hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, or plumbing diagrams
- Enters, updates, and tracks work orders using in-house software application to ensure standards for customer service are consistently met
- Uses power tools, calibration equipment, and other small hand tools to repair equipment, machinery, etc.
- Oversees contracted repair services for preventative maintenance of the facility, such as roof repairs, equipment, life safety, and general maintenance to the building
- Responds to requests from employees and departments regarding facilities-related issues or support
- Works scheduled and unscheduled overtime as required
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as required
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level*
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years of experience working in facilities, construction, plumbing, or similar background in a technician role
- Industrial or Electrical Controls Systems Certification Preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge and ability to perform routine electrical, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance and repair
- Knowledge and ability to use small hand and power tools to make repairs or perform maintenance
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, automation, and environmental controls
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office applications to create spreadsheets, Word documents, and presentations
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of contractors, consultants, employees, and management
- Able to work productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Able to comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize
The hourly rate for this full-time position is between $27.82 - $55.20 + bonus target + benefits. Within the range the individual pay may differ depending on additional factors including job responsibilities, job related knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience. The hourly rate shown is subject to change and may be modified periodically.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Facilities Maintenance Technician works primarily outdoors from Friday thru Sunday and e/o Thursday from 6 AM to 6 PM. The schedule may be altered from time-to-time to meet business or operational needs; may travel from building-to-building as needed. May occasionally work in a class 100 ESD sensitive wafer manufacturing facility; wears a cleanroom (bunny) suit, including hood, gloves, safety glasses, booties, and mask. May be exposed to hazardous conditions, chemicals, fumes, and/or gases during the course of work day; may be exposed to loud noise; may work in close proximity to moving mechanical parts. Stands and walks, bends, twists, and crawls; May occasionally be required to work in crawl spaces, shafts, or other areas that could cause claustrophobia. Performs various fine grasping movements; operates a computer and enters information using a keyboard, operates a telephone, and other office equipment; may occasionally drive a forklift. May occasionally push, pull, or lift up to 30 pounds.*Other duties of a similar nature or level are duties that may be required, but may not be specifically listed in the job description or posting.
TDK/Headway Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Applicants requiring accommodation in order to complete the application process should contact the Headway Human Resources Department.
TDK Headway Technologies
595 Yosemite DriveMilpitas, CA
Get fresh Facility Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.