Lead General Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Data Entry Company (TDEC), a nationally recognized Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) Organization, seeks a Lead General Clerk to support an agency in Johnstown, PA .
LEAD GENERAL CLERK
- Analyzes all filing and mail processing assignments, determines priorities and establishes production schedules.
- Assists in developing and implementing filing and mail processing procedures as required.
- Performs the more complex assignments requiring selection, coding and interpretation of filing and mail processing.
- Reviews and inspects work to assure compliance with job instructions, requirements and other procedural instructions.
- Ensures quality control of completed jobs.
- Instructs new employees in filing and mail processing techniques.
- Assists in determining new employee readiness for more difficult jobs.
- Advises supervisor of scheduling and production problems.
- Notifies supervisor of problems requiring servicing vendor attention.
- Files, classifies, and retrieves material in an established filing system.
- Performs clerical and manual tasks to maintain files as requested, locates available material in files, and forwards material.
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail that is connected to the work performed under the Task.
- Types simple and routine correspondence.
- Answers telephone.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(b) KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to type, file and understand numbers.
- Ability to support the Government and Contractor staff tactfully and courteously.
- Work experience working in an office environment, doing general typing, filing and general clerical work which includes:
- Follows a number of specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file, simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, running mail through metering machines, and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts.
- Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk needs to choose the proper procedure for each task
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
BusinessView all jobs at TDEC