Manager, Project Management - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for managing a team of individuals within the Project Management department. This position may also be responsible for performing project management activities on clinical research trials. This position reports to the Head of Project Management.Essential Functions:
- Supervise and manage performance of a team within the project management department, as assigned, including employee performance and development.
- Participate with sourcing, selecting, and onboarding of new employees.
- Assign and manage project management resources on clinical trials.
- Develop training materials and oversee training of personnel.
- Review study contracts and provide input to ensure accurate scope and budgeting of team activities.
- Compile and provide metrics as needed for decision making purposes.
- Create and manage department timelines with proactive timeline communication.
- Participate in monthly revenue recognition activities by accurately reporting completed work and completing appropriate revenue trackers and/or systems.
- Participate in monthly utilization preparation and review by accurately reporting productivity metrics and completing utilization trackers.
- Ensure staff accurately complete time reporting on a weekly basis.
- Maintain accuracy of TD2 controlled documents related to department activities and create new controlled documents as needed. Ensure staff adhere to controlled documents.
- Represent TD2 during quality audits with specific focus on project management activities at TD2.
- Effectively communicate with senior management on strategies to grow the project management business at TD2.
- Participate in client and bid defense meetings as requested.
- Performs Project Manager duties as required to support trials, including assignment to projects as the lead Project Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences or health related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience leading and managing teams.
- At least 6 years of project management experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience in Phase 1 and 2 oncology research trials, preferred
- Strong employee supervisory and department management skills
- Understanding of Phase 1 and 2 oncology clinical trials with strong knowledge of the clinical drug development process
- Familiarity and training in all aspects of clinical trial research, including GCP/ICH guidelines.
- Experience with hands-on management of clinical project management activities, including trial start-up, maintenance, and close-out.
- Demonstrated skill with establishing and documenting standard processes by which project tracking is collected, updated and reported to the project team
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to perform individually and as a part of a team
- Client focused approach to work
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Ability to train and lead the work of others
- Possess strategic thinking, contingency planning, problem-solving and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
TD2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
this is a remote position
TechnologyView all jobs at TD2