Position Summary / Scope
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our production team. The chemical operator position would perform lab or reactor scale production in a pilot plant or bulk manufacturing setting. The position requires the operation and maintenance of various types of equipment used in the chemical production processes. This includes, but is not limited to, reactors, distillation systems, filters, extractions systems, pumps and other chemical handling equipment. A successful candidate must be a highly productive, efficient and meticulous individual.
- Perform chemical processes to produce chemical products by following a batch record or process diagram.
- Operate machinery used in the chemical process.
- Precisely record relevant information in batch records and logbooks.
- Practice good laboratory housekeeping, clean and tidy the production equipment and productions areas.
- Perform daily checks and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following SOPs.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- The candidate should be flexible and willing to accept a variety of work assignments.
- The candidate must be punctual and dependable.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), with three to five years related experience and/or training. Or undergraduate degree (BS) in chemistry and one to three years related experience and/or training.
- Experience working with and maintaining tools and equipment is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate must have good inter-personal, oral and written communication and reporting skills.
- Proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
- Candidate must be flexible and able to multi-task as well as be able to work as part of a team.