FedRAMP Advisor / Consultant (Fully Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You've stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We're an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a FedRAMP Advisor/Consultant who is well-versed in requirements, procedures, and documentation surrounding the FedRAMP certification process. In this role, you will apply your leadership and guidance throughout all phases of FedRAMP assessment, authorization, and ATO approval. This is a short-term, 6-month assignment.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Leverage FedRAMP assessment experience and technical and program management skills to lead, plan, track, collaborate and report on FedRAMP program deliverables, including scheduling and leading meetings, assigning and tracking action items, and developing status reports
- Create and publish technical documentation associated with FedRAMP assessment packages
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on FedRAMP authorization and assurance activities to develop and implement an effective FedRAMP program that leverages the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), and other applicable standards, policies, and regulations
- Work with a government agency to help them achieve (or maintain) FedRAMP authorization
- Drive working sessions with clients to ensure expectations and direction are aligned and timelines are being met
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in either auditing or consulting
- Strong NIST experience that includes knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, FedRAMP, RMF, FISMA, NIST SP 800-171
- Experience with government compliance, including FISMA, FedRAMP, and DoD RMF
- Experience with every step within the delivery of Certification and Accreditation (C&A) / Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages that have obtained and maintained full authorization to operate (ATO)
- Strong Background in commercial cloud environments; architectures, technologies, and services
- Familiarity with statutes and regulations across multiple industries relevant to IT (e.g. SOX 404, HIPAA, FedRAMP, GLB, Patriot Act)
- Ability to collect proper artifacts and pay close attention to client's examples of artifacts to satisfy assessment requirements
- Broad-based IT background with a technical understanding of networks, protocols, security configurations, cryptography, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle.
- Provide technical expertise and remain current on cloud computing, cybersecurity, and technology trends in the marketplace
- Ability to translate technical materials and issues into non-technical/layman's terms
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Work to continually build and improve solid and well-rounded practices and processes
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills with the ability to interact clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
- Experience with advising Cloud Service Providers, preferably working for a 3PAO
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies
- Proven ability to identify and support continuous improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG)
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Certification in one or more industry-recognized certifications (such as CISSP, CISA/CISM, GIAC, CRISC, or CCSP, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) in IT or business, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There's more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a "Top Workplace" for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees' votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Systems Engineer, Grade 7
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at TCG, Inc.
Get fresh Governance Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!