Deputy Program Manager (Primarily Remote, DC Region)
You've stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We're an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government seeking a Deputy Program Manager to join our team. While primarily a remote position, the selected individual must be located within commuting distance of Washington, D.C. due to the occasional requirement for on-site meetings.
The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Program Manager in the areas of program performance, including budget, compliance, delivery strategy, solutions architecture, methodology, and contractual compliance. The Deputy Program Manager will also serve as the backup to the Program Manager where the backup is needed.
U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and teamwork across teams and the organization, and provide leadership and coaching to motivate and inspire team members to achieve high performance
- Manage software development and operations teams in an Agile environment where assigned, with a focus on delivering high-quality services that achieve program and customer objectives
- Provide technical guidance and support to teams and government stakeholders to ensure the program's successful delivery of software products and services
- Identify and manage program risks, issues, and opportunities, and provide recommendations and plans for their remediation, mitigation, and exploitation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Federal employees, developers, security analysts, and infrastructure operations to ensure successful implementation of systems and architecture, ensuring integration with existing frameworks and practices
- Work with the Program Manager, Project Managers, and Leads to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, and removing barriers on critical paths
- Work with government agencies to assist with and advise on the design and implementation of architectural / development/security frameworks, systems, processes, and policies that help meet the agency's strategic objectives and advance IT modernization
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends as they relate to the customer's existing environment, and evaluate and recommend new technologies and practices that will add value to the customer and improve service delivery
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen TCG's position in the assigned market/segment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
REQUIRED SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- A minimum of ten (10) years of project management experience with at least six (6) years of overseeing Agile software development projects
- Scrum Certification (e.g. CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Project/Program Leadership, Technical Consulting, Staff Management, Strategic Planning, and Performance Management experience
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong technology background that provides analytical and systems thinking skill set; the ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or similar certification is preferred
- O365 platform development and .NET development experience are preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or equivalent years of experience in a related field
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There's more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a "Top Workplace" for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees' votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Program Manager, Grade 8
TCG, Inc.Washington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.