About this opportunity
This position works with controller to maintain all material costing/bill of materials, analyze production costing results, and work directly with Supply Chain team to ensure inventory accuracy. Will also assist with month-end close and projects within the accounting department.
What you will do
- Bill of material /Routing creation and maintenance
- Standard Cost maintenance, review and implementation
- Inventory usage and production variance reconciliation
- Period end close duties, including variance explanation and investigation
- Journal entry creation and entry
- Monthly reporting
- Key finance representative for monthly/annual inventories
- Backup Accounting Manager
- Ad hoc analysis as required by management and operations
- Assist with external/internal audits
- Develop and implement continued process improvements
What you have to offer
- 3-5 years of general accounting and analysis experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Costing experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high sense of responsibility and internal motivation
- Demonstrated client service orientation
- Strong IT aptitude to deliver effective desktop reporting (paperless web-enabled environment), utilize system tools, MS Excel, and PowerPoint for analysis and presentations
- A genuine team player and diplomat who can work closely with all levels of operating management to improve operations, utilizing technical competence and superior interpersonal skills
- Superb reputation for integrity, consistency, big picture orientation, and sophisticated business acumen
- Strong work ethic who will flourish in a fast pace environment
- Ability to solve non-standard problems through creative thought and strong analytical skills
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to work within and provide leadership for project teams
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear, occasionally lift office products up to 25 pounds.
- This position may have minimal exposure to hazards such as dust, noise, etc.
- Overtime may be required.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs];
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
TC Transcontinental Packaging offers a variety of flexible plastic and paper products, including rollstock, bags and pouches, shrink films and bags, and advanced coatings. This sector services a variety of markets, including dairy, coffee, meat and poultry, pet food, agriculture, beverage, confectionery, industrial, consumer products and supermarkets. For more information, visit TC Transcontinental's website at www.tc.tc.
TC Transcontinental Robbie ManufacturingTC Transcontinental Packaging, the Packaging Sector of TC Transcontinental (TSX: TCL.A TCL.B), positions itself as leader in flexible packaging in North America, and also has operations in Guatemala, Mexico, Ecuador, United Kingdom, New Zealand and China. This sector has over 4,000 employees, the majority of which are based in the United States. Its platform is comprised of one premedia studio and 28 production plants specializing in extrusion, lamination, printing and converting. TC Transcontinental Packaging offers a variety of flexible plastic and paper products, including rollstock, bags and pouches, shrink films and bags, and advanced coatings. This sector services a variety of markets, including dairy, coffee, meat and poultry, pet food, agriculture, beverage, confectionery, industrial, consumer products and supermarkets. For more information, visit TC Transcontinental's website at www.tc.tc.