TBK Bank, SSB seeks a qualified Commercial Credit Analyst whose responsibilities include: (i) underwriting credit approval requests for both prospective and existing commercial clients; (ii) working with commercial lending units to ensure ability to accurately evaluate and act on credit applications in a timely manner; (iii) performing ongoing monitoring on existing commercial credits to assist in assessing quality of loan portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains and analyzes financial, credit and collateral data to evaluate the current commercial customer’s loan portfolio and assist loan executives and sales executives on loan requests in order to approve or deny applications.
- Analyzes financial information received from borrowers and other sources, such as reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies and current credit files to determine trends for collectability and profitability of loan.
- Produces initial credit analysis for prescreening review, underwriting, and approval process.
- Assists loan officers with the monitoring of the loan relationship and portfolio. Examines and tests all Borrowing Base Certificates and Covenants for compliance with loan agreements.
- Ensures open communication and collaborative efforts exist between the lending teams and the credit staff by clearly communicating progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner.
- Supports loan and credit facility production staff in preparation of written credit proposals and presentation to various credit committees.
- Ensures that all transactions either conform to the Loan Policy or ensure that all policy exceptions are disclosed in credit proposal.
- Reviews incoming financial statements on existing customers, updating financial spreads and communicating any concerns with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.