Responsible for providing prompt and accurate financial transactions in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures. Contributes to the development and retention of customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service and identifying appropriate cross sell opportunities with professionalism and enthusiasm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides exceptional customer service by standing to welcome the customer, using the customer’s name, taking responsibility for the customer, thanking the customer by name and exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Continues to build relationships with current customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Capable of recognizing, responding and or referring sales opportunities. (Accounts, Credit Cards, Loans, etc.)
- Actively participates in meeting retail branch goals and events.
- Actively participates in daily branch huddles and weekly branch meetings.
- Performs all customer transactions and inputs them into the computer system in accordance with established procedures. Cashes checks, receives cash for deposit, verifies amounts, verifies customer balances and examines checks for appropriate signatures and endorsements.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance with regulations.
- Monitors customer account activity and transactions in order to identify possible fraud.
- Responsible for balancing currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift in comparison to computer totals. Maintains appropriate cash levels in teller drawer in accordance with the security policy. Complies with the Teller Over and Short Procedure.
- Processes savings bonds, branch capture, cashier's checks, and other items based on branch.
- Allows customers access to safe deposit boxes following specified procedures.
- Capable of assisting tellers with balancing daily transactions.
- May assist in balancing vault.
- Profiles new and existing customers to better serve their financial needs; informs and advises customers of appropriate bank products/services that will make their life easier, save them time, or save them money.
- Prepares and compiles new customer information in accordance with the banks CIP and Know your Customer policies.
- Opens new accounts; ensures completeness and accuracy of documentation including scanning into the system, and timely follow up on missing or incomplete documents.
- Successfully complete Account/File Maintenance with proper documentation.
- Help customers with items such as Stop Payments, Debit Card Orders/Reorders, Debit Card Disputes, IRAs, Heath Savings Accounts, Wire Transfers, Directo-a-Mexico, Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Takes initiative to answer customer phone calls/email, takes ownership of their issue, takes proper steps to resolve their issue and provides the customer with appropriate feedback in a timely manner.
- Promptly responds to customer’s inquiries and requests regarding account and suggests resolutions on account disputes and other account activity.
- Professionally makes quality referrals to other areas of the bank and bank partners such as Commercial Lending, Consumer Lending, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, or the Mortgage Partner in your area, etc.
- Works professionally with, and generate goodwill between the retail banking department and other internal departments.
- Generates new business to assist in meeting established profitability goals.
- Protects and safeguards customer information and bank property.
- Adheres to all bank and regulatory requirements and participates in required training.
- Actively participates in local community and bank sponsored
- Other duties as assigned.