Under general supervision, to perform journeyman level work in installing, maintaining, and repairing various types of air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment; to install and maintain heating and ventilating duct systems; to perform maintenance, repair and calibration on heating and air conditioning control devices; to supervise assigned helpers in such work; and to do other work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on mechanical and electrical equipment related to heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems
· Installs and maintains heating and ventilating duct systems
· Monitors, inspects, repairs and maintains heating and cooling systems to ensure proper operation
· Performs scheduled maintenance on all heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems
· Maintains records of inspections and work performed
· Checks operational charts on air conditioning equipment to determine efficient operation or significant deviations from normal
· Silver soldering of lines
· Installs HAVC equipment
· Utilizes, hand, power, electrical, and specialized tools related to the trade
· Uses Building Management System to check HVAC system
· Reads and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and drawings
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned
· Must possess Universal Technician certification from the Environmental Protection Agency
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by the Airport Security Plan and TSA regulations
- Possession or ability to obtain before appointment a valid California Driver License, Class C
· Principles and practices of installing, maintaining and repairing air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilating systems
· Knowledge of Title 24 regulations
· Knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment used in heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation systems
· Diagnose malfunctions of mechanical systems.
- Operate a motor vehicle in and around aircraft and ground support equipment.
- When using ladders or scissor lifts you must insure the safety of those working around or on such equipment.
- Read and comprehend job diagrams, sketches, and written instructions.
- Work with hand and power tools characteristic of the trade.
- Learn and operate forklift, portable light towers, Scissor Lifts.
- Lift, push, pull, move or carry over 50 pounds, climb ladders.
- Use best practices for operating ladders and other apparatus.
To Apply: Please follow this link to upload your resume and complete the online application