ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager - Renewables
TBC Power & Renewables Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager - Utility & Renewables
LOCATION: Austin, TX area- Relocation Assistance available
A leading developer and operator of high voltage transmission line systems is looking to grow its Corporate Leadership Team with the addition of a Regulatory Affairs Manager.
The role is based in Austin, TX (relocation assistance available) and leads internal and external regulatory affairs initiatives. This include building relationships with key regulatory bodies (ERCOT and PUCT) as well as representing the company at hearings, open meetings, testimonies, and briefs.
This is a critical role for the organization that works directly with the company's Executive Team and C-Level staff on special projects across the organization as part of a wholistic approach to compliance management and the creation of a compliance considerate culture.
The scope of their operations includes transmission (t-line), substation, regional control centers, and distribution systems with interconnects to both utility-scale solar and wind assets that require compliance with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and NERC Reliability Standards.
The role offers a competitive compensation package that includes great benefits as well as both long-term and short-term incentives.
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager manages ERCOT/PUCT regulatory proceedings and leads regulatory filing initiatives
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager navigates the intricacies of case completion and stakeholder management with state agencies like the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT)
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager develops corporate strategies to facilitate regulatory proceedings such as rate recovery proceedings
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager acts as the company's Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of rate cases, tariffs, ICA (Interim Capital Additions), and CCNs (Certificates of Convenience and Necessity) with a focus on up-to-date industry changes/trends
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager creates risk mitigation strategies and recommendation for the executive management team that take into consideration the economic impacts of regulations of utility and ratepayers
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager prepares ERCOT / PUCT regulatory testimony and supports key witnesses involved in legal proceedings which involves a variety of key stakeholders (management, internal teams, and outside counsel)
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager leads rulemaking initiatives and contested cases across federal/state agencies with an emphasis on ERCOT and PUCT testimonies, briefs, statements, and decisions
- The ERCOT Regulatory Manager / Regulatory Affairs Manager develops effective communication strategies to coordinate state/federal agencies, utilities, rate orders, and relevant national associations (ERCOT, NERC, TRE, and PUCT)
- 5+ years of relevant regulatory affairs, compliance regulations, rate case, testimony proceedings, and/or rulemaking policy in the Utility or Electrical Transmission experience
- Corporate leadership and stakeholder management experience dealing with regulatory bodies like ERCOT and Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT)
- Regulatory affairs, regulatory compliance, or regulatory policy utility / renewable energy experience in some or all of the following: rate cases, tariffs, ICA (Interim Capital Additions), testimony proceedings, settlement meetings, and CCNs (Certificates of Convenience and Necessity)
- Prefer experience in working with ERCOT, PUCT, TRE, or other similarly structured Independent System Operator (ISOs)
- Experience with and knowledge on current NERC, FERC, PUCT and other Reliability organization standards (TRE), operating policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Understanding of transmission operations activities, physical grid operations, regional control centers, planning, and business strategy in relation to regulatory affairs initiatives
TBC Power & Renewables