Network Infrastructure Architect/Engineer
At TAYS, you will have a voice. Your unique perspective will help us to solve complex problems, and we welcome your ideas. Our employees work closely with our customers and develop long-term, trusting relationships. We look for creative thinkers who are not afraid of a technical challenge. If you feel you can contribute to our high-tech, high-touch culture, join us and together we will uncover possibilities.
TAYS is seeking a Network Infrastructure Architect/Engineer to join our high-performing tech team in Baltimore, MD. The role is currently remote.
JDNS/IPAM; Firewalls; NAC; load balancing; DDoS mitigation, tapping/sniffing infrastructures; NTP; AWS (Preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills; EIGRP, BGP4, RIP, VPLS, MPLS; Active Cisco CCIE certification.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Research, design and implement security solutions for network infrastructure.
- Engineer network solutions for new & existing systems.
- Provide day-to-day network engineering and operations support.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Work with advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Work on complex technical problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Work with highly experienced and technical resources.
- Attend customer lab environment to work with new technologies and applications.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
- 10 years of experience with designing, configuring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network switching and routing protocols in a large enterprise network (7000+ nodes).
- 8 years of experience with configuring and managing switches, routers, Load Balancers, firewalls.
- 8 years of experience with Network Monitoring/IPAM (i.e., SolarWinds, NetFlow).
- 8 years of physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis.
- 8 years of experience and knowledge of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems.
- 8 years of experience with WAN Optimization using Riverbed and trace tools like Wireshark.
- 5 years of experience with a high-level scripting language such as Python or Perl.
- 5 years of experience with Gigamon and PRIME
- Strong cloud networking & design experience preferably with Hyperscalers like AWS, Azure and google.
- Experience with Dynatrace.
- Solid understanding of internetworking: security, routing, switching, SAN and application networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Linux Administration.
- Expertise in the Linux command-line environment.
- High availability, failover and redundant configurations.
- Network deployment and operations automation (Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning).
- Experience with virtualization solutions (i.e., VMWare).
- Experience documenting network information including of all switching and routing equipment, connected IP-addressable devices and cabling interconnects.
- Provide technical competence for auditing the existing environment by creating relevant documentation where it does not exist.
- Plan, research, evaluate, design and develop network systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organization strategies.
- Interface with customer IT leadership and internal teams to develop network, systems, and security solutions.
- Ability to produce operational documentation using industry best practices in technical writing.
- Active Cisco CCIE, CCNP certification
- Knowledge, skills and abilities creating and managing automation scripts to manage Network as a Service (Software Defined Networking (SDN), Load Balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience developing best practice project plans, engineering scripts, and documentation for network performance management.
- Prior Federal government experience.
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn't afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of relational databases and ability to construct and debug SQL queries.
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
What We Can Offer You:
TAYS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TAYS INCBaltimore, MD
TechnologyView All TAYS INC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.