Aircraft Plating Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Piedmont Aviation Component Services, a subsidiary of TAT Technologies, is looking for qualified Aircraft Plating Technician. This tech will set-up, operate, and monitor plating processes/machines to coat metal products with chromium, cadmium or other metal to protect surfaces used in the aviation industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs any combination of following tasks to load and unload electroplating equipment: Fastens metal work pieces to devices, such as hooks, racks, and cathode bars, or loads work pieces in baskets or barrels.
- Immerses work pieces in series of cleaning, plating, pickling, and rinsing tanks, following timed cycle, manually or using hoist.
- Sets temperature dials of tanks to prescribed level.
- Removes work pieces from hooks, racks, bars, baskets, or barrels, and examines work pieces for plating defects, such as rough spots and thin plating.
- Dries plated work pieces, using oven operation.
- Uses blasting equipment to clean parts. (Aluminum oxide, glass beads)
- Mentor and train other personnel.
- Immediately report to any supervisor any safety, quality or un-ethical actions or conditions they perceive to exist for immediate evaluation and resolution.
- Operate, maintain and service specialized equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED minimum.
- Technical school courses in mechanic or machinist classes advantageous.
- Work independently of others as well as teams.
- Perform at a high level of efficiency, decision making and energy.
- Accurately complete work orders, BOMs, data inputs within ERP system.
- Read and understand Commercial, FAA, EASA, Repair Station, and ISO documentations.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Personality to fit in with current work force to provide a productive atmosphere.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Quantum preferred.
- Read and adhere to verbal and written instructions.
- Make basic decisions and work with deadlines while understanding pressure.
- Work with people and communicate (both oral and written communication) with other personnel and management effectively.
Piedmont Aviation Component Services, a subsidiary of TAT Technologies, is dedicated to providing an inclusive, fun, and unique workplace. We believe in acknowledging and appreciating the value of our team members. One way we value our team is by providing a comprehensive and expansive benefits offering to include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K with company matching, STD, LTD, accidental coverages, EAP, and more. Insurance carriers vary based on location.
TAT Technologies LtdGreensboro, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.