APU Inspection Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Piedmont Aviation Component Services is looking for a qualified APU Inspection Technician. These techs will perform the following duties:
- Primarily responsible for the analytical inspection, repair schemes, tagging, entering parts and components into inventory, opening sub-work orders and travelers related to LRUs, components, parts and tools.
- Secondarily responsible for the un-boxing and boxing, painting, preliminary inspections, disassembly, cleaning, and locating parts related to LRUs, components, parts and tools.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment related to the department.
- Read and comply with work instructions.
- Write technical and accurate reports as needed.
- Work independently of others, as well as teams, while completing task on time.
- Accurately complete work orders, BOMs, data inputs within ERP system.
- Read and understand Commercial, FAA, EASA, Repair Station, and ISO documentations.
- Have proper tools to accomplish task.
- Understand and practice safety while being efficient and productive.
- Immediately report to any supervisor any safety, quality or un-ethical actions or conditions they perceive to exist for immediate evaluation and resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned by any supervisor.
- One on one disassembly training, preliminary training and borescope training
- FARO Arm usage and training others.
- Train how to read a schematic and how it relates to measurements, location on part and position of part.
- Inspector training (knowledge and instructing other):
- Read work packets, work orders and preliminary/hidden damage reports
- Interpret work scope and service orders
- Use/find manuals, forms, shop reports, e-mail and help desk on intranet
- Interpret IRM, IPC, CMM and MM
- Interpret repairs and inspection level (CT, CTI, ZTI)
- Interpret logbook ie what information is in one, how to use it and proper format of logbook (LLP, TSN, CSN)
- Use/read and interpret service bulletins (what information is in one, where it is and how to use it)
- Interpret ETOPS requirements and identify action to comply with ETOPS
- Interpret AD’s, verify APU has complied with all AD’s
- Understand ITAR requirements
- Process part-out APUs to prepare parts for certification per the IRM
- Process repairable parts that are going out for OP Repair
- Process bearing inspections and Customer certifications
- Process parts that require NDT per the IRM. Evaluation of findings
- Process parts being sent to machine shop, paint, weld and plating
- Process “Stand Alone Work Orders”
- Process Part-out work orders
- Process LRU’s for routing/sent out
- Develop “conclusions and analysis” report
- Analyze part for damage and determine cause
- Position parts on tables after inspection with no metal to metal contact
- Interpret repairs in the IRM. Ability to make minor repair at bench
- Take pictures and process them (upload, transfer and install in shop report)
- Clean parts correctly per the CMM
- Inspect several models of APU’s
- Determine if a part is repairable or scrap per the IRM
- Properly process FedEx client. (CSI, POSH, Discrepancy logs, ETOPS, EO, HM, FM, Bench Check/test, and Continue Time maintenance
- High School Diploma/GED minimum.
- Technical school courses in auto or diesel mechanics or machinist classes preferred.
- FAA Airframe and/or Power Plant license or equivalent certification not required.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and metal work required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Quantum preferred.
- Read and adhere to verbal and written instructions.
- Make complex decisions and work with deadlines while understanding pressure.
- Work with people and communicate (both oral and written communication) with other personnel and management effectively.
Piedmont Aviation Component Services, a subsidiary of TAT Technologies, is dedicated to providing an inclusive, fun, and unique workplace. We believe in acknowledging and appreciating the value of our team members. One way we value our team is by providing a comprehensive and expansive benefits offering to include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K with company matching, STD, LTD, accidental coverages, EAP, and more. Insurance carriers vary based on location.
TAT Technologies Ltd
AutomotiveView all jobs at TAT Technologies Ltd
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?