Director of Maintenance
- Posted: over a month ago
The Maintenance Director is responsible for the overall maintenance operation of the facility including repairs and maintenance on equipment and ensuring the organization meets all state, federal and accrediting body regulations.
- Performs overall supervision of the Maintenance Department including preventative maintenance and any emergency repair.
- Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
- Keeps an inventory of equipment with appropriate documentation to support any inspections or service performed.
- Performs testing and maintaining of key utilities & systems including fire alarm, generator, electrical, water, medical gas, emergency management protocols and documenting such testing with outcomes and plans for improvement if needed. Completes a hazard vulnerability analysis annually and identifies high risk areas and opportunities for improvement.
- Tests the response phase of the emergency management plan at least twice a year, either in response to an actual emergency or in planned drills. Drills are completed and documented following organizational policy.
- Updates the required maintenance logs and testing records as outlined in the policies and procedures of the department.
- Ensures maintenance requisition logs are available and addressed by the department in key areas of the facility.
- Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Administrator’s approval within budgeted parameters.
- Coordinates all aspects of personnel management including hiring, orientation, training, performance and competency evaluations and disciplinary action according to organizational policy.
- Completes payroll schedule reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides leadership, support and coordination to ensure the quality standards, inventory levels, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Assigns work assignments and duty schedules within budgeted parameters.
- Remains on call for emergencies 24 hours a day.
- Coordinates and leads Risk Management meetings on a quarterly basis to evaluate and manage risks and reduce the severity of loss if one were to occur.
- Participates in the facility Quality Assurance Performance Improvement committee and reports on key metrics relevant to department goals and functions.
- Represents facility and coordinates the preparation for successful surveys and accreditation inspections.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations governing nursing facility operations including maintenance and life safety.
- Efficient time management and ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments independently, some of moderate complexity and require familiarity with the operating details of the facility.
- Work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Computer system competency with various programs including MS Office Suite and medical records systems.
Educational, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years experience working in a nursing home with knowledge of regulations related to this industry.
- Ability to stand, walk, squat and bend.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- The overall physical demand rating is moderate with exerting twenty (30) pounds of frequently.
- Ability to sit for periods of time at the desk and use of computer.
I understand this job description and its requirements; I understand that this is not an exclusive list of the job functions and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned; I understand the job functions may be altered by management without notice; I understand that this job description in no way constitutes an employment agreement and that I am an at-will employee.
I also understand that if I am under 18 years of age, there may be some essential functions of the job that I am restricted from performing due to regulatory requirements. Note: Please advise your supervisor if you are under the age of 18.
I also acknowledge receipt of a copy of the job description for the position indicated above.
TANDEM MANAGEMENT COMPANY CO.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?