Automation Engineering Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
A successful candidate must have the motivation to excel in each essential function described herein. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform these essential functions.
- Troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs, instrumentation, and drives on the production lines with an analytical systems-based approach.
- Analyzes data to identify where quantifiable improvements will have the most impact in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment and manage those identified improvements at a multi production line, high speed asphalt roofing manufacturing facility.
- Identifies gaps in automation deployment and works with TAMKO's Plant Systems team to implement improvements in PLC programs to drive results; report results up the chain of command.
- Facilitates change management and sustainment documentation such as engineering drawings, manuals, process flow diagrams, and spare parts lists.
- Performs electrical and controls layouts, updates and creates electrical drawings in CAD or other electrical drawing software.
- Works cooperatively with a cross functional team of Engineers, Operations, and Maintenance personnel, understanding the needs of each department's primary focus.
- Analyzes operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Improve current manufacturing systems and reliability of electrical, controls systems on machinery which is exposed to abrasive materials.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to thrive in a fast-changing environment, implementing solutions rapidly without cutting corners.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience OR
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with an associates degree OR
- Minimum 2 year of professional experience with a 4 year degree
- Competency with PLCs (Siemens preferred), HMIs (WonderWare preferred) and servo and variable frequency drives.
- Knowledgeable in reading, updating and creating electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical
- Capable of identifying the most impactful opportunities to improve the reliability and level of automation in production processes.
Preferred Experience - Not required for application but will benefit consideration:
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with process control and PID tuning
- HMI programming experience (Wonderware preferred)
- Experience in roofing manufacturing or web process handling
- Machine Vision or Vision Inspection Systems installation and programming experience
- Experience with IIOT Devices
- Field service technician background preferred
- NEC, and Electrical Distribution Knowledge and Experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work duties will be divided between an office environment and the production floor. Employee will be required to wear all plant-mandatory PPE when on production floor, including: hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, ear protection, and face covering as per CDC and State guidelines.
- Safety is a Top Priority - Employee is responsible not only for his/her safety but also for the safety of peers.
- Production facility is a 24/7 operation, and as such, the role may require occasional extended-hour days to aide in troubleshooting, project implementation and/or training. Plant management works with employees to ensure adequate comp time is provided when the situation arises.
- Production facility is prone to temperature fluctuations according to ambient seasonal changes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping. The employee must be able to inspect equipment and detect equipment malfunctions, as well as utilize tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
4500 TAMKO DriveFrederick, MD View All TAMKO Jobs
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.