Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Application Specialist for a contract position in Alpharetta, GA. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
- Application release / upgrade preparation and execution
- Contributions to our 'Project 24' and 'DNA Enablement' initiatives
- Optimized request turnaround for DNA and surround product requests
- Coordinate the installation of new data center clients, using multiple Open Solutions application products, into test and production
- Establish data center polices and ensure adherence to corporate IT and compliance standards
- Review, develop project plans, certify and install new releases and system updates for a growing financial institution client base supporting multiple high availability applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of how various applications operate, how they interact with one another, skills to identify production errors and familiarity of the organization to contact the appropriate individual to correct issues.
- Maintain 'best practices” change control procedures to ensure preauthorization and accurate record keeping for all application level changes.
- Diagnose and respond to customer support service call requests.
- Attend various product meetings to discuss status of new client installations, provide timelines as they pertain to new release installations, and access client requests.
- Ability to meet flexible work schedules which are determined by installation of new clients and product releases / upgrades.
- Focus on continuous improvement through automation, re-engineering and streamlining to reduce risk/exposure and optimize upgrades/installations
- Troubleshoot issues for applications by reviewing application logs, IIS logs, Event logs.
- Perform advanced research and testing in order to resolve production related incidents.
- Review service and performance compliance to documented standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education – Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science
- Certifications – N/A
- Minimum # years' experience required - 4
- Type of work experience required – 4 years
- Experience in installation, upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting of 'packaged application code/solutions' to internal / test and production environments
- Previous application deployment of the DNA / surround product applications is considered an asset
- Experience in Incident, Problem & change management
- PerformedDatabase Refreshtasks for Test and Production Servers
- Familiarity with ITL and SDLC life cycle phases
- Install/execute and fine-tunedStored Procedures,SQL QueriesandUser Defined Functions.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization with strong analytical troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in mission-critical environments
- Strong working knowledge of Windows operating environment
- Strong working knowledge of IIS
- Extensive experience with SQL programming language and scripting
- Oracle Database Knowledge
- Ability to work on complex technical issues
- SQL, PL/SQL, and Hyperion SQR Production Reporting
- An approach to your work that is self-directed and highly motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Strong documentation / transition skills
- Good Knowledge of risk awareness, knowledge of risk/audit disciplines and controls
- Proficient technical aptitude and exceptional personal computer skills – MS Office
- Strong team skills
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Ability to effectively assess operational inefficiencies and develop / re-tool streamlined solutions
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!
At Talent, we believe that consultants are more than their skill sets.
To get the best projects, you must already be on the inside of the best companies.
Talent promotes a culture of teamwork that encourages personal growth, work/life balance, and professional excellence.
Talent Software Services