Home-Based Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Our client, a revolutionary and community-focused in-home medical care network by mobile providers, is seeking to hire a Home-Based Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner will provide care to patients who face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs.
- Accompany panel members for primary care and provide clinical support to the interdisciplinary care teams.
- Promote an understanding of their innovative business model, facilitate collaboration, and promote shared decision making.
- Make urgent medical/behavioral health visits when needed and/or telephone calls for members on your panel to ensure timely and appropriate medical care in order to avoid patient hospitalization.
- Perform post-discharge visits for members who have been recently discharged from either an acute care facility or skilled nursing facility to decrease risk of readmission.
- Foster long-lasting and trusting relationships with patients, as well as their families and/or caregivers.
- Monitor and address clinical quality gaps in care.
- Connect with patients and partners in an unbiased and empathetic manner to ensure their needs are being met.
- Utilize a custom-built care facilitation platform to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, members, and family.
- Attend external meetings and maintain professional credentialing and CME standards.
- Serve as a mentor to other team members to help promote accountability, reliability, and independence. Offer teaching opportunities and in-services as able.
- Assist management and leadership with the development, refinement, and enhancement of clinical programs, initiatives, processes, policies, workflows, and projects.
- Valid NP certification in the state of CT.
- AANC or AANP certification
- Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Experience providing direct care to underserved population, particularly seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Unrestricted Connecticut Driver’s License and Car