A renowned academic medical center, is currently seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner for their Bariatric Surgery Department. The Nurse Practitioner will provide direct clinical care and assists in the management and evaluation of patients in the outpatient setting, with some inpatient coordination.
· Obtains initial histories and performs physical examinations. Documents clinical findings in patient medical record. Develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with supervising physician.
· Issues prescriptions for drugs, devices and immunizations as indicated.
· Provides health education counseling to patients and families. Answers questions about disease and treatment plan.
· Coordinates care of established patients: coordinates the ongoing care of established patients ensuring that diagnostic testing and sub specialty consultations and all follow up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
· Responds to patient phone calls and answers questions
· Acts as a "physician extender" during clinical encounters in both an outpatient and inpatient setting.
· Provides clinical services and care in conjunction with collaborating physician.
· Establishes and maintains a clinical and research database.
· Assists physician with the coordination of clinical trials.
· Prescreen and triage new patients prior to scheduling appointments; collect relevant medical materials; coordinate the scheduling of appointments for new patients; summarizes clinical information of the obtained history materials prior to the appointment.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Approximately 2 years of clinical experience as a NP in a physician practice or hospital setting, in Bariatrics.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate
· Current New York State Nurse Practitioner License
· Current Narcotics DEA registration certificate
· DEA registration Number, if applicable in assigned area
· Strong organization and communication skills.
· Conversant in Spanish preferred.
· Knowledge of social media technology preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office and Redcap